I tried my darndest tonight to get TekTalk going with the OBI110 and I simply couldn't, after 2+ hours, so I had to call it a night and will tackle it over the weekend as we have friends coming tomorrow for dinner.
This is what I did
- Factory reset the OBI110 (I previously configured it to use a VoIP.ms account and it worked flawlessly)
- Connect the OBI110 to the router (DI-524) which in turn connects to the Teksavvy modem (Thompson DCM475), pretty straightforward setup
- I logged into the OBI110 and keyed in the server (voip.teksavvy.com), the phone number and the authentication password that I received from Teksavvy
- I made sure relevant settings are in place, courtesy of Mango's guide to configuring the Obi (http://www.toao.net/500-mangos-guide...and-obi202-ata
- I rebooted the OBI and made an echo call. So far so good
- OBI shows my account is registered. I made an outgoing call and after about 40 seconds got a message saying *The number I dialed could not be contacted by the service provider*
- I used my cell phone to call the TekTalk # and the TekTalk phone keeps ringing and when I pressed Talk, all I got is busy signals.
So that's that. It looks like the Obi and the setup are working as they should be. So I am leaning towards the Teksavvy side, i called Tech Support and hung up after waiting for 30 minutes, I know they won't be able to give me much support because I didn't purchase the ATA from them but I was hoping they can shed some light.
Will tackle this again later on. Like I said, I got the OBI working with a VoiP.ms without any fuss, not sure what's the deal with TekTalk?