I did something weird to my old phone - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By BGY11

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-12, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Red face I did something weird to my old phone

I had an Incredible S on which I had installed VIVO KAT on it a few years ago, when it had stopped at ICS. Somehow I screwed up things in it but don't know how it could be working.

I have an older bricked HTC One M7 that I've been tinkering with to try to bring back from the dead and at the same time, learn Android and its commands. I had files from the Incredible s and some for my HTC One and I must've mixed somethings up.

For example, how can my Incredible S start with a display saying HTC One and when I play an MP3 on the phone (sole purpose why I wanted it to have the stock ROM back on), it tells me it has Beats by Dr Dre!!!

Does anyone know how this could be?

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-12, 09:02 PM
Veteran

I know back when the HTC One was released that rom developers were porting the Beats audio features over to other phones. As for the bootup where it's saying HTC One on your Samsung, there's usually a file called "bootanimation.zip" that controls this. Depending what the rom you flashed was, or what you actually flashed in Odin (Samsung's software for installing roms), it may not have overwritten that file from before.

Basically, when flashing stuff with Odin (which I presume is how you went back to stock), not all flashable roms will actually wipe the /system partition as they should. That's where things like the boot animation and audio mods are stored.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-14, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

You misread. They are BOTH HTC phones.

I couldn't flash using the SD Card way. I had screwed so many things that I was stuck in Recovery mode only. Everything else would just hang and go nowhere. By some fluke, I was able to get Windows10 to recognize well sort of, my phone. Under Win10, it said it was an ASUS Android Phone. Whatever, as long as I can fastboot and use ADB, then I was happy. Found a 4.0.4 stock rom and flashed it. How it sees it as a HTC One, this is beyond me. I don't want to try anything else as at least, I have a 16GB MP3 player!!!! I just can't call as we deactivated the SIM card it had.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-01-14, 05:06 PM
Veteran

Oh, whoops. Forgot the HTC Incredible S (I'm pretty sure one of the original Galaxy S models was called the Incredible as well. (Captivate & Fascinate were two variants for sure).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Danster likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.