Apple's media event - October 4th?? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Pricing: 16GB: $199, 32GB for $299, 64GB for $399

THis is on contract, my mistake

Last edited by jshel101; 2011-10-04 at 02:38 PM. Reason: My mistake, this is on contract
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 02:39 PM

Those prices are with a 2yr agreement in the US. Which usually means 3yrs here.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

The prices will probably be the same as the current 4
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Well no iPhone 5, this is disappointing. I was hoping for a larger screen and a redesign. I wonder if the sales will be as high as they thought for this phone?
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-04, 02:51 PM
Member #1

My guess is the blogosphere will be complaining that it doesn't cure cancer but as I noted in the iPhone 4S thread, its an evolutionary product with a faster processor, better battery life and a new OS for the same price.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-05, 02:18 PM

I was disappointed that Apple didn't give the iPod Touch some of the new iPhone 4s features like the A5 processor and a better camera.

I'm still using my iPod Touch 2G and was really looking forward to an upgrade, but won't be shelling out the cash for a what amounts to an iPod Touch 4G that's now available in white.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-05, 07:49 PM

I'm just getting around to watching the actual keynote and something Tim Cook said strikes me as proof that Apple is not thinking about doing a stripped down version of an iPhone, otherwise known as an 'iPhone nano.' Most rumours peg this 'iPhone nano' as being a smaller, low-cost handset that competes in the budget feature phone category. Here is what Tim Cook had to say when talking about iPhone market share as compared to the whole handset market.

Quote:
The iPhone has 5% share of the world wide market of handsets. I could have shown you a much larger number if I'd just shown you smartphones but that's not how we look at it. We look at the entire market of handsets because we believe, over time, that all handsets become smartphones.
In other words, Apple isn't thinking about a class of handsets that, over time, will not exist anymore. They plan to grow with the market that, over time, will only consist of smartphones. Now, that's not to say that they won't come out with a couple of classes of smartphones but this notion that they are going to get into the cheap feature phone category to gain market share is nonsense. I think it's time we put that rumour to bed don't you think?
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 2011-10-05, 08:48 PM
Veteran

When you think about it, apple already has a strip red down iPhone. Several in fact - they are called the 3GS and iPhone 4. These products are still available and could be considered the low and mid range phones.

Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.