Help with jailbreaking Iphone - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Help with jailbreaking Iphone

I know that this isn't an iphone forum, but some of the smartest people who use the internet frequent this site so i hope someone out there can help...

So i've jailbroken my 3GS with blackra1n. No problems. Downloaded cydia and rock. No problem. Get the sources you need on opening that cydia app. No problem. Download any app (ex. winterboard, cydelete, bosspaper) and the iphone crashes upon reboot. The only way to bring it back to life is to restore it through itunes. I've tried a forced reboot by pressing the top and home keys. I've tried with both cydia and rock apps. And each alone. But everytime i get the same result and need to restore the phone.

Any advise on what i should do now would help me a lot.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-02-01, 11:04 AM
try and remove the rock if you can, Big boss's iphone site posted a few issues with Rock, if you cant reload the firmware and use black rain but do not install ROCK.

I had the same issues a few months ago too
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-02-05, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Apparently the bootrom on the newest 3gs iphones is differnent. So the jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak... Mean everytime the phone reboots ot is off it need blackrain to restart... Kinda sucks but its still much better then a non jailbroken phone...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.