Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Using iPhone on existing cheap data plan

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TKG26 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a Palm Treo and I signed up 2 years ago on a $15/month unlimited data plan. Can I unlock an iPhone to use on this plan as the iPhone data plans start at a MUCH higher rate.

Thanks,
DC

#3 ·
those "unlimited" plans are not "true" unlimited. they are only "unlimited WAP" Browsing, using the WAP apn, and just the built in phones browser is truely unlimited. Remember the iPhone does more than just browsing, it has email clients, and a lot of the apps use up data. so the iphone NEEDs a REAL data plan one with a bucket of data.

#4 ·
Data Plan

Thanks, it is through Telus, and I guess there is more to it than that. I thought it was a solid one as I eMail, stream radio and browse ... I was told that I could continue that plan if I took the Palm Pre. I just find the data plan pretty steep compared to the US and wonder if I might get a better plan through customer retention as I have two contracts up.

Thanks,
DC

#5 ·
im on that same 15$ plan with my HTC diamond smart phone..... I mentioned it in passing the other day if i went to an HTC HERO if i could keep that data plan and they said because i would be going off of the network im on now to go to there new 3G network it would not transfer over... The hero is what i would probably rather go with rather then an iphone, i like to run more then one program at a time which i understand is not possible with the iphone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.