Android Market in Canada
Has anyone found out the REAL reason why Canadians are unable to access the full Android Market from Canadian devices? I'm tired of finding a great app in a trial version and then not being able to pay for the full upgrade because I can't access that part of the market. I've even contacted developers directly and have been told that the market is the ONLY way to get the full version of their own creations!
Stories I've heard so far:
1. Google Checkout is the only way to pay and Canadians can't create an account. (BS, because I have one).
2. CRTC regulations prohibit the the full market. (Again, probably BS because iTunes is freely available here)
3. Canadian carriers (read: Rogers) are blocking the full market because they don't get a share of the sales.
4. Google is blocking access because Canadian carriers want a share of the sales.
5. A combination of 3 and 4.
Even Canadian developers are blocked from submitting apps for sale on the Market. Thank heavens for secondary markets like the SlideMe Mobentoo Marketplace.
I am aware that a rooted phone can obtain access to the full market, but at this point, my device, the LG Eve, has only just been rooted and full access to the phone is yet to be obtained.
Suggestions and comments are more than welcome.