Compact Fluorescent "End of Life" Incident
Has anyone else experienced this?
I recently became alarmed by a smell in our bedroom. It smelled like burning electrical material.
A few days later, I discovered a burnt out Sylvania CF13EL bulb in the bedroom ceiling fixture.
There was soot on the fixture's receptacle (photo available).
There was soot on the Sylvania CF13EL bulb, at its base, near the screw (photo available).
This is frightening.
I have a few questions:
1. Is there a fire hazard from this sort of incident?
2. Was any mercury released during this incident?
Sylvania says NO to question one, and did not discuss question two. They do have a very few incidents of this type, and have asked for the bulb so that they can analyse it in their facility.