Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Cogeco Channel Discussion Thread

94K views 200 replies 40 participants last post by  denben73 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Here's hoping that we actually get to see CNN, HLN, AMC in HD in 2015.

I'd still like to see Canadian timeshifting in HD. Cogeco must be the only cableco NOT offering it in HD. Like we need Comedy East AND West in HD.:rolleyes:

Also TCM and Peachtree would be nice both in HD.

#3 ·
I recently sent a complaint to Cogeco saying that I was very interested in their TIVO service but didn't want to give up channels like AMC and CNN HD which I've had for a long time with Bell. They replied with some instructions on how to subscribe to TIVO, but completely ignored my question about their refusal to carry certain stations. Doesn't look very hopeful.

-Mike

#4 ·
Time to Move On and Up

I hate Rogers with a passion that knows no bounds but it is time for Rogers to buy out this neanderthal family run business. It used to be good or acceptable but now it seems they have personal vendettas against anything to do with Ted Turner even though he is no longer connected with most or all former enterprises.

You will never see FX2 on Cogeco, nor will you see TCM, and others mentioned in earlier posts. Dealing with most customer helpers over the internet is a pleasant experience but some of the store front reps need a refresher course in attitude towards the customers. Lines can get long and tedious sometimes.
sailmaker

#7 ·
I hate Rogers with a passion that knows no bounds but it is time for Rogers to buy out this neanderthal family run business.
Personally, I'd love to see Eastlink buy these systems. Being with Cogeco reminds of the old Persona days before EL took over.

#6 ·
While I don't sub to them, they are both showing in the guide with no changes to labels or guide data.

Their website no longer shows WGN within the movie package.

#9 ·
Everyone needs to get on them to show that other providers are still showing WGN-DT. They seem to love taking channels away with no replacements and will use any excuse they can find.:mad:

#11 ·
WGN America yes, WGN-DT no. There is no reason they couldn't have just changed the SD version to the Chicago TV station version to match the HD one.

#13 ·
I'm going off about a channel I don't even sub to I know.:p I'm not happy about what they seem to be trying to accomplsih here. How many more channels will subs lose in 2015?

#14 ·
^^^ That will depend on when contractual agreements end and if parties can renegotiate carriage, channels going off the air, CRTC approvals etc.

The TV broadcasting landscape is a LOT more fluid than it used to be.

Cameron

#15 ·
You do bring up a point, it's possible that the WGN contract is over anyways and can't get renewed. Maybe Cogeco is the first one that has to drop it. Maybe everyone else will see it gone over the next year or so.

I can admit when I could be wrong or misunderstanding things.;)

#17 ·
I'm not a Cogeco subscriber, but it is WGN America, the superstation feed, that is going away in Canada, as it converted to a cable channel in the US on January 1, 2015. As far as I know, Cogeco was one of the very few providers that still even offered it. All of the other providers make use of the local Chicago WGN TV 9 (CW affiliate) feed, that has been provided by Shaw Broadcast Services since 2007.

If Cogeco is dropping the local Chicago feed too, then it must be due to circumstances specific to them only, as no other providers have been affected.

#21 ·
#24 ·
It's possible TCM is coming at that time but since we don't have TCM at all, its "announcement" may be being held back until that time. I'm speculating of course. I'd love to see Peachtree come back and NOT as a superstation either. I'd love to see KTLA, WSBK and WPIX be removed as supers and just in another package or a-la-carte. It could even go to the Timeshift package too.

As for AMC, who knows. They have nothing to do with the Turner channels and from what I've seen over the years, they seem to be threatening to pull their signals with just about every provider big or small over the years. They may be not that easy to negotiate with...don't know.

We'll just have to wait for a couple more months. What's 2 more at this point? ;)

#26 ·
Take this for what it's worth, but this is a tweet I got from Cogeco helps twitter account today in regards to AMC HD

Cogeco ‏@cogecohelps 5h5 hours ago
@_tallen77_ Hello, I am hoping to have more information about AMC HD soon! I'll let you know when we have an update. #Cogeco ^ms

#27 ·
jeff...nothing has been said and they may not say anything until it shows up. My guess is with the same packages as FX but I'm not sure.

tallen...I would take that as meaning they are trying to get it and not saying no outright. As to when....who knows.

#29 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.