Cogeco HD/PVR (6412/6416) problem / question / results thread - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-11, 04:09 PM

If you call into the call center or go into one of the storefronts, you can exchange the 6208 for a 6412 no problem.
Also looks as though the dual tuner will be available this summer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-11, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford
My question is whether anyone knows how I can access the hard drive on the 6208 and dump the contents onto a VCR or other storage device? I don't know what Cogeco is doing with all of the working 6208's being traded in but I wd love to get my hands on one for a day or so so I could swap the hard drives and rescue my shows. Comments anyone??
We asked Cogeco about this idea several weeks back when our 6208 was acting up. We were offered a replacement unit too. We were also told that the only way to get the shows off of the drive would be to fix the unit and hope that they were not lost in the process - otherwise you're SOL as they had no way to swap dives, etc.
post #93 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-14, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon_fodder
I've recorded probably 10 movies/shows this week without a hitch. Some were set up for every weekday at the same time, others were movies.
My menu doesn't allow timed weekday recordings, only every day. Are all menus not alike with the 6412? While I'm at it, what does AC Outlet - Switched/Unswitched mean? Can I set a time recording and leave the receiver off if I have the AC Outlet Unswitched? A CSR told me I could not.

post #94 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-14, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterug
While I'm at it, what does AC Outlet - Switched/Unswitched mean?
This refers to the auxhillary AC Outlet at the back of the unit and whether or not it gets power if the unit is powered on or not.

Switched = the auxhillary AC will only have power if the unit is switched on
Unswitched = the auxhillary AC will have power regardless of whether or not the unit it switched on
post #95 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-14, 10:30 PM

Does the Cogeco 6412 box/remote support the 30 second skip described here:

http://www.digitalhomecanada.com/for...+button+remote

This is something I really want to get working, but, I have tried it a few times and it does nothing!
post #96 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-15, 08:21 AM

yes the 30 second skip works, I love it.

"Can I set a time recording and leave the receiver off if I have the AC Outlet Unswitched? A CSR told me I could not."

Yes you can, I do it all the time. It will even turn itself off when done recording.
post #97 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-18, 11:27 PM

Can anyone in the Oakville/Burlington area confirm that the 30 second skip works? I tried again 5 times tonight trying to assign different buttons but I can't get it to work!
post #98 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-19, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylsf
Can anyone in the Oakville/Burlington area confirm that the 30 second skip works? I tried again 5 times tonight trying to assign different buttons but I can't get it to work!
I tried it on my 6412 Atlas remote and it does not work. I'm in Burlington.

Panasonic PT47X54
Motorola DCT-6412
post #99 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-19, 08:13 AM

try this,

Create a 30 second skip using the following directions:

1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice
4) Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button
5) Type in the code 00173 for 30 second Skip.
6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip to.

Next, you create a macro using your new 30 second skip:

1) Press and hold down the "Setup" button until the light blinks twice.
2) Press 995.
3) Press the key you want to assign the X second skip to.
4) Press the button that you have used for the 30 second skip x times. (2 times for 60 seconds, 3 times for 90 seconds, and so on.)
5) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the light blinks twice to exit programming.

X = 30, 60, 90, 180, etc.

You now have an extended Skip button.
post #100 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-19, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBSD
I tried it on my 6412 Atlas remote and it does not work. I'm in Burlington.
I'm in Oakville.
It does work... as I can do the 30s skip on my Harmony remote.
So you should be able to program it into the 6412 remote... I have not tried that as I don't use the remote.
post #101 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-19, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglyle
try this,

Create a 30 second skip using the following directions:

1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice
4) Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button
5) Type in the code 00173 for 30 second Skip.
6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip to.

Next, you create a macro using your new 30 second skip:

1) Press and hold down the "Setup" button until the light blinks twice.
2) Press 995.
3) Press the key you want to assign the X second skip to.
4) Press the button that you have used for the 30 second skip x times. (2 times for 60 seconds, 3 times for 90 seconds, and so on.)
5) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the light blinks twice to exit programming.

X = 30, 60, 90, 180, etc.

You now have an extended Skip button.
I can get the Skip to work, but not the Macro. I assigned the 30s skip to the "A" button and tried to make a Macro of 4 and 5 skips but it does nothing. The remote responds as estimated - am I missing a step between 3 and 5?
post #102 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-20, 10:10 PM

Thanks for that method, it worked this time. I think the one I was focusing on didn't have the "00" infront of the 173. I thought I had tried the one with the 00 also but regardless I got it working!

I tried entering the macro skip code too but it didn't seem to work the one time I tried. Regardless, I am glad I at least have the 30 sec skip working
post #103 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-24, 01:37 PM

Dual

I just got my box on Friday in Burlington, I am coming from using a Tivo so it will take me some time to adjust.... There are definitely so short comings in the software but I think the PQ is great!!
I will reserve judgment on the software until the update to dual tuner. When I picked mine up, I asked about dual being activated and the lady said "later this year", she saw I was a bit surprised and the she said in a hushed tone "it's coming very soon."
So take that for what it's worth.
post #104 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-24, 06:37 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjw
I just got my box on Friday in Burlington, I am coming from using a Tivo so it will take me some time to adjust.... There are definitely so short comings in the software but I think the PQ is great!!
I will reserve judgment on the software until the update to dual tuner. When I picked mine up, I asked about dual being activated and the lady said "later this year", she saw I was a bit surprised and the she said in a hushed tone "it's coming very soon."
So take that for what it's worth.
Was she the tall, skinny blond?

Panasonic PT47X54
Motorola DCT-6412
post #105 of 708 (permalink) Old 2005-04-24, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylsf
Thanks for that method, it worked this time. I think the one I was focusing on didn't have the "00" infront of the 173. I thought I had tried the one with the 00 also but regardless I got it working!

I tried entering the macro skip code too but it didn't seem to work the one time I tried. Regardless, I am glad I at least have the 30 sec skip working

Did you try using the 00 in front of the 995 on the macro code maybe this will help because different cabe systems use different coding systems and without knowing where you are from it could be different than the one posted by biglyle. Where I'am from here in Regina we don't use th "00" but I know other systems do. And thanks big lyle for that 30 sec. skip macro it works great here on Access cable in Regina. Patiently (well not really) waiting for the dual tuner activation since Nov. 8th/04 when I got my 6412,oh and more HD sports as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.