Pace RNG200N HD PVR Owners discussion thread - Page 42 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #616 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-12, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskindree View Post
another issue - if you are in playback and you pause - if you press exit it should remove the overlay so you can read whatever may be on the screen - mine kicks you out of the playback
Mine might do this maybe one in 4 or times. Also, hitting the end of the recording and waiting for the Delete option to appear. If you hit "Select" to make it come up faster, it will either work as you intended or it was close the recording and return to the list of your recordings. It doesn't like getting rushed.

Cogeco - TiVo Whole Home System with 3 Minis, Ultimate 60 internet, Home Phone. Xbox360, Wii, iPad2 & LG G4 (H812)

Last edited by denben73; 2016-04-12 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added earlier quote for reference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #617 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-12, 06:49 PM
Rookie

I am not rushing anything - I do not hit select to make anything come up faster - I am not having issues with deleting a recording.
post #618 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-12, 06:57 PM

Didn't say you were. Is it possible they are running different FW versions on those boxes depending on your location, hence the difference in functionality from one user to another?

Honestly, my old DCT6416 ran 10x smoother than this box which makes zero sense. I questioned whether my new box was faulty by it's jerkiness and lag when pausing, Rewinding, Fast Forwarding and skipping commercials. Also, others report getting complete data guide after a power-cycle within 30 minutes. It takes my box about 12 hours to get it all.

My thoughts about a faulty Pace unit were dashed when my father-in-law's Motorola was dying and got replaced by the Pace DVR. It works the exact same as mine.

The Motorola box only had one issue, the size of hard drive is pathetic compared to TiVo or the Pace boxes.

Cogeco - TiVo Whole Home System with 3 Minis, Ultimate 60 internet, Home Phone. Xbox360, Wii, iPad2 & LG G4 (H812)
post #619 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-12, 08:39 PM
Rookie

I am suspecting the firmware but do not know why it would be different than others. the Motorola box I had before this for many years never had these issues.
post #620 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-12, 10:18 PM

You're in Windsor too? That kills that idea then.

My FW version is 37.15. It was upgraded about a month ago from 35.xx something. I don't see anything different or notice any chances in the box's functions.

My SW version is 79.79 - R29.6-1.r-1

post #621 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-13, 09:19 AM

Have you tried moving the TV and box (temporarily) to a different cable outlet in the house? Load everything up and try to emulate the same problems.

...this is a signature...
post #622 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-13, 05:21 PM
Rookie

going into the 07 Software and HW ver screen I see:

SE Version (DENA) 37.15

TVG Version: R29 (R29.6-1.r-1)

SEACHANG Version: 6 (6.21)

I have not tried unhooking all of this equip and moving it to another cable outlet.

I did have a service rep out here and he tested the signal strength and assured me it was excellent

Do you think moving this to another outlet is still something to try?
post #623 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-13, 05:31 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Does Cogeco have Video on Demand? Does that work for you? Sometimes there's an issue with the return signal from the STB that can cause issues. The usual suspects for a poor signal are, bad splitter, bad RF-coax cable, something else like a power bar obstructing the signal, or perhaps an issue in your neighbourhood.

Many provider PVRs are no longer "stand alone" devices, often communicating with the head end and if that communication is spotty, this can cause issues for something that most people think is "stand alone".

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #624 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-13, 07:36 PM
Rookie

I have no issue with VOD - does work - also the tech that was out replaced all the splitters in the outside box to rule that out - no splitters beyond the cable box - all cables are direct from the box to the house - he said the signal was very good
post #625 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-04-14, 03:21 PM
Rookie

To rule out some sort of interference, I moved just the tv and cable box to a new outlet in the basement on the other side of the house away from any other equipment. But this did not resolve anything - same issues - am I the only one having these problems?
post #626 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-06-11, 04:58 PM
Rookie

Unhappy Can I block the SD channels with the Pace RNG200N or anything?

I'm sure this must have been asked before... I tried searching to see if this had already been asked, but maybe I'm not good at that.

When I visit my senior parents, they are still on Cogeco cable TV. They have an older Pace RNG200N. Every time I visit, they are watching SD channels, despite the easy availability of the same channels on HD. (It's a power issue between them).

(I won't bother asking why this SD garbage is coming over the wire in the first place...)

Now, they can argue all they like between each other, but the whole stubbornness and absurdity of this is driving me crazy, and I've picked the HD side, which unfortunately between them is usually the losing side. Rather than stop visiting, I just want to get rid of the SD garbage. Either the SD channels cease being available, or should switch automatically to the HD equivalents when they pick a SD channel (No, asking them to click the Info and Select button is not enough).

I tried using parental controls to block the SD channels, but of course that ALSO blocks the equivalent HD channel! (What genius came up with that idea?)

Is there a way to do this on this receiver, or is there another receiver that can actually block the SD channels properly?
post #627 of 627 (permalink) Old 2016-06-11, 05:17 PM
Rookie

S/W Ver: 79.79 - R29.6-1.r-1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.