Pace RNG200N HD PVR Owners discussion thread - Page 41 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #601 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-10-28, 01:46 PM

Well, that was quick...

I had a 30 minute recording set for Sunday night, until then my guide wasn't loaded. After the recording is done...it's all loaded.

Cogeco - Pace RNG200N, Ultimate 60 internet, Home Phone. Xbox360, Wii, iPad2 & Samsung Galaxy S4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-11-15, 11:21 PM

Angry My DVR won't do as it's told

Can anyone with a RNG200N record Quantico? No matter the time (10PM or 1AM), the channel (701 or 717)...it will NOT record. Still lists as a future recording, the PVR acts like it is recording. Swap the tuners and get this:

It sits on channel ZERO with no guide. Channel up moves it to channel 702 and tunes in, go back down, tunes into CTVHD just fine. Still not recording though. Absolutely every other program gets recorded correctly. The other tuner is recording it's correct channel without issues.

Cogeco - Pace RNG200N, Ultimate 60 internet, Home Phone. Xbox360, Wii, iPad2 & Samsung Galaxy S4.

Last edited by 57; 2015-11-16 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Moved To Existing Thread
post #603 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-11-15, 11:52 PM
Veteran

Did you unplug it and wait 10 seconds and plug it back it?
post #604 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 12:00 AM

I've done that twice since the issue started. I've had this box for 3 weeks and it has yet to ever record it. It lists as a future recording until the end time. Nothing ever appears in the DVR history though.

I still can try forcing the box to reactivate through their "My Account" tools online tomorrow. Interestingly, I logged into the Remote Recorder at Cogeco's site after reading something a U.S. provider suggested for one of their customers with a similar issue. I set the 1AM recording on ABC West (ch717) just for shiggles through the website instead of the box's guide, then a second later the red light is aglow on the DVR and it's recording Quantico now on 701, but of course missing the first half. We'll see what happens later on tonight.

EDIT: I thought I had added this to the RNG200N thread but I guess not, could a mod move it there please if you believe that would be the best thing to do, thank you.

Last edited by denben73; 2015-11-16 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Noticed it's in the wrong thread
post #605 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 10:17 AM

Well, it recorded successfully using the Remote Recorder. I also did a reactivation through the MyAccount section of the website. We will see what happens. It's not on next week so it's a wait and see thing right now.

When was the last firmware and software update on these boxes?

post #606 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 10:39 AM

Red face digital box from Hell

We have this model box in our bedroom. I am firmly convinced that it is made by John Deere. Never stops moaning and groaning and clicking, ticking all thru the night. I refused to accept another 200N when I updated the family room TV and got a Motorola which is working just fine and knows enough to shut up. sailmaker
post #607 of 608 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 10:53 AM

Well it isn't the quietest unit out there. We had a Motorola DCT6416. Worked flawlessly and was more reactive than the "new" box. Only problem with the Moto box is the mini-sized hard drive. Go any for a week and have HD recordings set, get back and it's already deleted a couple of shows we still had on it from before we left. It seems to only fit about 25 hours of HD recording, if that. The 500GB drive in the Pace is spacious.

I can live with the one or two second delay in REW and FF functions but if it tries to critique my choice of TV shows to record, then we have a problem.

post #608 of 608 (permalink) Old 2016-01-28, 03:17 PM
Rookie

PVR Duplicating/Splitting

Haven't been on the forum for a long time, guess thats a good thing, but I'm completely frustrated with our present problem. I'll lay it out for discussion: We have two Pace RNG200N pvrs but our problem is only with one, the same one all the time. When we set up a program to record at a future time, when that time arrives the pvr tries to record the same program using both tuners at the same time. The result is one tuner records the entire program, the other records "0" or a few seconds. The problem is that if we are watching a different channel, we get kicked off that channel because both tuners are trying to record at the same time. We had Cogeco tech folks do a factory reset, made no difference. We exchanged the pvr for another, same problem occured. Just yesterday, a pre-recorded program was split between the two tuners. The start of the program ran for app. 30 min then quit, the second half started up on the other tuner.
It is my understanding that the pvrs read a digital marker imprinted (possibly a time/date stamp) within the channel guide for pre-recording of programs. If the tuner(s) are unable to read these or if the markers are defective, this might cause our problem.
Before I call Cogeco "again", I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.