Pace RNG200N HD PVR Owners discussion thread - Page 40 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #586 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-02-12, 12:39 PM

Formatting the drive does not generally require the unit to be reinitialized. It would most likely wipe out any settings and scheduled recordings. It is a decent first step in trying to see if it fixes the problem (unlikely). Failing that your best course of action would be to get it repaired. The cost on that would probably be around $80.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #587 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-01, 10:00 AM
Rookie

Thanks, loracweb. Sorry for the delay in replying. I know it will wipe out everything, I'm ok with that. I just need to watch a few more things before I try it. I'm curious as to why you don't think it will help? It seems more like a software problem to me, am I wrong?
post #588 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-02, 10:05 AM

I assume you use a timer to start your 5:00 recording while still watching that channel. Before your timer sets in, why not use the swap button and watch TSN 1 on the alternate tuner, while your program is recording on the original tuner? I can't remember if Pace numbers the tuner the recording is going to take place on the way Bell's does, so it may or may not work on Pace if it doesn't have this feature.
Another thought came to mind. With Bell's receiver, you can record a program, then while it's recording, you can go into the menu and start watching the recording from the beginning. I can't remember if you can do that with he Pace menu.
Not having had this problem, I don't know if what I'm suggesting will work. Just don't watch a program live on the same tuner on which it's recording. I hope all this makes sense.

Last edited by 57; 2015-04-02 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed.
post #589 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-13, 08:48 AM
Rookie

Record Time

Can someone please tell me roughly, how many hours can the PACE RNG200N record?
post #590 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-13, 09:35 AM
DHC Supporter

According to a quick Google, up to 100hrs of HD recording.

Last edited by eljay; 2015-04-13 at 09:52 AM.
post #591 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-17, 10:04 PM
Rookie

Got a problem with my Pace RNG200. Got home from work and it was clicking pretty loudly. Sounded like the hard drive, but I'm not sure. The remote would not turn it off. Pulled the power cord, waited about a minute and plugged it back in. it booted, and a good picture appeared. No clicking but sounded as though the hard drive was spinning. After about 15 seconds, the clicking came back and the STB stopped working. It showed an error, but I can't remember what it was. Too worried it was going to explode or something. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on and/or how to fix it, if possible?
post #592 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-17, 10:16 PM

It sounds very much like the hard drive since nothing else would make a clicking sound unless something was preventing the fan from spinning. Since it boots and you get a good picture it is most likely repairable. It would most likely cost you around $100, and if not fixable then you'd only be out shipping costs.
post #593 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-17, 11:53 PM
Rookie

Where can I find an address (and phone #) of where to send it? Does it matter that it's coming from the U.S.A.?
post #594 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-28, 09:47 AM

Some of my recordings are not recording as planned, due to a "fatal hardware error" (as said in the DVR History section). Has anyone else experienced this?

It's not affecting all of my pre-programmed recordings though. For example last night Big Brother Canada and Gotham (both at 8pm) did not record, so I had to record Gotham at 11 (and I'll watch BBC online), but then Conan last night DID record fine. Is it just a one-time thing or should I be worried? Thanks.
post #595 of 596 (permalink) Old 2015-04-28, 10:29 AM

Location: Windsor, ON; Cogeco - DCT6416 DVR, Ultimate 55 internet, Xbox360, Wii, SiriusXM, iPad2 & Galaxy S4
Bad sectors on the drive maybe?

post #596 of 596 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
Rookie

Question PVR not recording

not technically inclined .....my Pace200N wasn't working, so called cogeco and they had me disconnect for 15 seconds and then it was fine but now it will not record anything. Any suggestions or opinions appreciated. Just had the pvr replaced few months ago. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.