Rogers Navigatr Firmware/Guide - Please read post 1 And Links There. - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 378Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 09:59 AM

Location: Ottawa, Canada, CISCO 9865 x 3, Cisco 4642 x 2, SA 3200 x 1, Veteran, Canadian Forces & RCMP
6 Recordings Only

According to one of the video presentations you can now only record 6 programs at the same time, not 8. Anyone else have comments on this matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 10:31 AM

@wysiwyg
That would be nice. like my post above, about series images.. I wonder though if stuff like that might add too much overhead? (take longer to load the images)

@GaryE
We will have to see. I wonder if its made smaller.. to fit MORE of the description in? (same reason why I don't think there is more than 2 hours.. would make the boxes too small and be cutting off names a lot)

@sammey
Did I miss a video? I didn't hear anything on the 3 videos about 6 channels.
Though if there is.. am guessing its a mistake, etc? Since this will be rolled out to the NB2 as well.. which can only do 2.

GDKitty
Rogers 9865, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Onkyo HT-R690.
post #18 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 10:51 AM
Veteran

gdkitty, I am talking about the channel names under the channel numbers on the left side of the guide. The size of the font is soo small. There is room to make the channel names bigger. Like take out the dash before and after the names and use a bigger font. But as i said this was an early production video so maybe they have changed it already for the release next week.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!

post #19 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 11:36 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammey View Post
According to one of the video presentations you can now only record 6 programs at the same time, not 8. Anyone else have comments on this matter.
The video only showed 6 programs that WERE recorded. Doesn't mean they have cut the number of shows that CAN be recorded. They don't really mention the number of shows that can be recorded since the new guide will be the same on the 2.0 and 3.0 but the 2.0 only records 2 shows at once.

~Gary
post #20 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 12:19 PM

Location: Ottawa, Canada, CISCO 9865 x 3, Cisco 4642 x 2, SA 3200 x 1, Veteran, Canadian Forces & RCMP
10-4, you are correct. I guess I didn't read it right, must explain why I am going for cataract surgery in mid Aug. Thanks again
post #21 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 04:38 PM

Here comes Trouble with a capital "T"

LIPSTICK ON A PIG

At lease that's what it appears to be.

This must be the "new software" i was told about by second level support a few months ago, when they made the audacious claim that it would "fix everything".

Does anyone know for sure if Navigatr is totally new software to replace RTN, or is it just a new skin?
Interesting that the "Modern HD" Theme was removed from Settings/Appearance several weeks ago, leaving only "Classic".
Maybe this is just an update to the UI Version (currently 3.1.5.24.04.09.11/28392 - what we've had since RTN was released, at least since I first updated to RTN in May 2012), possibly tied in to an update from RTN Software Version 5.1.1.0105 to a new version.

I see again Rogers is again tempting fate by listing this under Navigatr FAQs:
Will these upcoming changes affect my current TV settings or recordings?
No, your recordings and settings will not be affected.

They had the same thing on their web page when they rolled out RTN to replace SARA, and I lost all my recordings during the update (and three more times with subsequent updates to RTN).

Last edited by neilpalmer400; 2015-07-23 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Typos
post #22 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Anyone else have comments on this matter.
What I'd like to see is when you have the PVR configured to add 5 minutes to each show and you record consecutive shows on the same channel, the first recording doesn't stop when the 2nd starts. As it is now,if the first show runs overtime, the end of it appears at the beginning of the next recording, with a few seconds lost.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #23 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 06:58 PM

Based on the fonts I see and the lack of features that didn't exist before it looks like a refresh of RTN but I'm not certain.
post #24 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-23, 11:36 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
What I'd like to see is when you have the PVR configured to add 5 minutes to each show and you record consecutive shows on the same channel, the first recording doesn't stop when the 2nd starts. As it is now,if the first show runs overtime, the end of it appears at the beginning of the next recording, with a few seconds lost.
It's usually possible to find programmes on different channels - timeshift, whatever. If you run into such an instance where it's not possible to find a workaround, and those few seconds really bother you, simply extend the first recording to cover both programmes and you won't miss a thing.

I would think though that instances of a programme going long and having consecutive shows (that are not available on another channel or time) would be pretty rare.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #25 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-24, 12:48 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, NB 3.0, 70" Sharp LED, Toshiba 72" DLP RPTV connected to computer
Does anybody remember when using SARA that while browsing TV listings you could also still use the play/pause/stop commands - so that you could watch a recorded or live show and at the same time browse TV listings.

Rogers eliminated that ability with RTN.

Will they give it back to us with Navigatr?

And will they take away as many features with the new guide as they add? And how many new bugs will we discover?

Why am I such a skeptic? Well, let me list 50 reasons .....

Naw - just kidding. I'm not going to go on another 5,000 word rant. I'm too busy emptying out the recordings on my NB3 and watching the important shows I've been archiving so that when I've gone through all the shows and have an empty PVR I can finally call Rogers up and tell them what they can do with their PVR.

I've just spent the last couple days watching seasons 2 and 3 of The Newsroom.

I've got a bunch of science shows to peruse (stuff that I SHOULD watch, for it's educational value, but it's dry programming that isn't as much fun as the daily fluff and entertainment - it's sort of like the TV version of eating your vegetables. You know you should - but its boring as heck), and then it may be bye bye Rogers.

Last edited by HDTVaddict; 2015-07-24 at 12:55 AM. Reason: more info
post #26 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-24, 07:15 AM
Veteran

Quote:
I would think though that instances of a programme going long and having consecutive shows (that are not available on another channel or time) would be pretty rare.
Smithsonian Channel is a prime example.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #27 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-24, 09:08 AM
Veteran

My mother-in-law is outside of Toronto proper and she has an 8642 that is grandfathered with SARA software (we called Rogers at the time when you had the option and could roll back from RTN to SARA). Will be curious to see if Navigatr is forced onto her unit.

CM4228, CM4220HD, Samsung LNT3242H, AccessHD DTA1080D, RCA DTA800, CM7775, Samsung DTB-H260F, Samsung LN40B750
post #28 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-24, 11:05 AM

One feature that was on SARA but not on RTN was the ability to specify a start time and and an end time for any recordings. Based on the middle video, it would suggest that this is one welcome feature that will be returned. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Hooter; 2015-07-24 at 03:47 PM.
post #29 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-24, 11:56 AM
Veteran

Start time and end time adjusting already exists on the current software.

~Gary
post #30 of 1158 (permalink) Old 2015-07-24, 12:48 PM

I think you misunderstood what I meant. You can adjust the starting and end time on RTN but not with a specific time. If I remember correctly you can program the start or end time on RTN by adding 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour or 3 hours on either side of the recording. With SARA, you can start a program or end a program at whatever specific time you desire. So if a program started at 9:00 PM and ended at 10:00 PM, we would often start the recording at 8:59 PM and and end it at 10:01 PM. This has never been possible with RTN!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.