Latest Firmware as of March 31 2012
UI Version: 220.127.116.11.04.09.11/28392
To find out which firmware is current on your box, Settings -> Troubleshooting -> System Information.
You can find more info about the firmware by visiting the following two links.
Cisco Videoscape Voyager Vantage (Software part of the firmware)
Ant Galio Browser
Should you experience issues reported here, or not, you should email Rogers Digital TV support. No matter what, this provides them with information that problems are happening, and at some point, they will work on it. (We hope) Email support is usually pretty good. They will ask account information.
<--- Email address for Support
Resolved Issues / Conflicts:
1) No more confirmation pop-up, with forced acknowledgement that a recorded program you deleted, is in fact, deleted.
2) After deleting a recorded program, you are returned to the area where you deleted the recorded program, rather than the top of the recorded shows list.
3) No more confirmation pop-up when scheduling something to record within the guide. (Hitting the record button)
4) No more confirmation pop-up when cancelling a recording through the guide.
5) Volume level of the analog outputs now appears to be normal again. (Unconfirmed)
6) When channel surfing, the info banner now shows program name, time remaining, and next program. Previously, it showed nothing.
7) This was fixed a long time ago, but is asked often.... The bug that prevented two programs of the same name, airing back to back from recording one of them has been fixed. An example.... Saturday nights, Cops airs at 800pm and 830pm. The old firmware, often only the 800pm recording would actually record, and the 830pm wouldn't. This has been fixed and tested several times.
On-Going Firmware Issues:
1) Random reboots for no known cause. Too many different situations which caused the reboots to list. No one common task sticks out.(Rogers is aware and its escalated to engineering)
2) Recordings not playing back. You get an almost frozen looking screen with no sound. (Rogers is aware and its escalated to engineering)
3) Guide is lagged or slow to move around in.
4) After finishing a recording, the popup appears for what action to take with the recording. Sometimes, this popup closes immediately after opening, bumping you back to the recorded list.
5) After pressing "D" to open the weather app, pressing "D" to close it does not work. To exit, you must hit the exit button.
6) Random channels are black when you tune to them. Channel banner shows.
7) Some channels are black and show "The service is currently not available, please try again later" error message.
8) Audio drop outs over HDMI. (Unknown if its the HDMI port, or the software)
9) "Not Enough Resources" message when trying to watch recording on networked box
10) You can no longer override the output format of the PVR when using HDMI <--- I consider this a bug!
11) Random channels not tuning. Message "This Service is Currently Not Available. Please Try Again Later" <---Now confirmed by multiple owners.
12) Serious lag for the PVR to respond when trying to fast forward at 4x speed. Sometimes you've already fast forwarded through the commercial but you can't get the recording to play because the PVR is still trying to process the fast forward commands. Several people reported this.
General Complaints that are not bugs
1) No TV call display yet.
2) No remote TV manager functionality yet.
3) Default zooming is too much.
4) TV Guide not using the available space for maximum information. Only showing 1.5 hrs, and a few channels at a time. Could show so much more.
5) When resuming a recording, the default first choice selection is "Play from start" rather than "Resume" If you are not paying attention, you will restart your program. <---Call it old finger habits from the old firmware.
6) When watching a recorded show. The page up and page down button no longer allows you to jump ahead or back in 15 minute intervals like before the update.
7) If you choose to hide channels from the guide or from channel surfing. It won't let you tune to those channels manually even if you enter the channel number.
8) The favorite button on the remote no longer cycles through your favorite channels. Instead it brings up the guide and shows your favorite channels.
9) Some complaints about the size of the text being too small, while the channel number banner is huge.
10) When you hide a channel, you cannot directly tune to it. Some feel this is bad, others disagree.
11) The guide is not always accurate. Example, says a recording is a repeat, when in fact, its new. If you have your PVR set to record only new episodes, it wouldn't record it.
12) 2am System updates. Not very good for us Time-shifting recorders. These updates always force a reboot, and kick you out of whatever you are watching. If its a recorded playback, it does NOT save your last playback location.
13) No more slow motion capability. AKA Frame by Frame. Sports guys use this often.
14) Galaxy music channels do not display the artist and song title when you press Info.
I will continue to update this as we move along. I did not post every complaint, as with the new update, I cannot be sure its still an issue. Shoot me PM or post here if you have something you feel should be added!