Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

AnyPlace Discussions Please read post 1.

169K views 834 replies 96 participants last post by  AVphile 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now that both Bell & Telus allow scheduling of PVR recordings over the Web, does anybody know if Rogers intends to do the same, and if so will it work on both the 8300 and 8642?

Edit by 57 on 2017.11.28. Here's a link to the latest Anyplace browser review. As noted in this thread "Manage PVR" is no longer functional.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-...lace-please-read-post-1-a-52.html#post2990962

Edit by 57 on 2011.06.19. Here's the link to the Rogers information on Remote TV Manager (Anyplace Home Edition). Please use this link to learn the "FAQs" and "How To"s before asking questions in this thread that are covered by Rogers... See recent posts in this thread for additional information.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en
(These links sometimes go dead, so search the Rogers Website for "Rogers Anyplace" and you'll find additional information.)

Points to note:

1. The SA8300HD (SARA), the Cisco 8642 and 9865 (running RTN firmware) are now supported
2. Available to those with iPhone, iPads with the app.
3. Now available to those with regular computers via the "Manage my Recordings" link under the "TV" Tab of your Rogers Account Overview page. (The earlier "workaround" link that I got from Rogers in post 63 of this thread does not work) Edit - as of April 2015, the web-based version link was gone, but is back as of September - see new instructions in the bolding below

You may need one of the later browser versions...

This post will be updated as more information becomes available.

For App discussions, you may also use this thread. The apps are currently working properly.

How to download and manage the Rogers Anyplace TV - Tablets Application:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/anyplace-tv/316?setLanguage=en

Edit by 57: 2015.09.11:

Rogers Web-based AnyPlace (Manage PVR) is working again as of a couple of days ago. It no longer functions in the same way as before and is much simpler and quicker to use. Simply go to the webpage link below, click on "Manage PVR" near the top of the page in the red banner to the right of "Kids Zone". Then login. If you select "remember me" all of this should only be one click away after bookmarking/using the link below:

Watch TV and Movies Online - Free in Canada! | Rogers Anyplace TV (Bookmark this simple link BEFORE clicking Manage PVR, NOT the complex link after clicking Manage PVR) The URL should look like: "http://www.rogersondemand.com/" without the quotes.

If you cannot see "Manage PVR" in the red bar or you have other problems, then try the following:

- Login to Rogers before clicking on the link above
- Make sure you have JavaScript enabled
- Make sure you allow cookies
- If you still can't see it, delete Rogers cookies from your browser and retry.
- Try a different browser/computer.
- Make sure Pop-ups are not disabled
- You should be able to see your Rogers' username at the top of the page - if you don't sign out, it'll remember you for next time and you only need to click on "Manage PVR" and it'll bring up the guide, PVR(s), etc.
- If you can't see your PVR(s) after several attempts at using AnyPlace, say over a two day period, do a reboot of the PVR(s)

Sometimes it may not bring up the guide for some people due to system delays, but it should work most of the time, as it did before Rogers removed the functionality almost five months ago. Remember also that if you're travelling, the system is often down for maintenance in the early morning hours Eastern Time.

If you have more than one PVR that you wish to see your recordings/scheduled recordings, you need to select the "other" PVR from the dropdown list in the PVR Pop-up, not where they are listed when you're using the guide - that is where you select which programming goes on which PVR - two different functions.

Edit by 57 - 2015.11.30

For those wishing to use the browser on their tablet, it is possible using the following instructions - post 95 (instructions are for an iPad, but are applicable with appropriate modifications to any tablet/browser combination:

Re: RAPTV Home Edition for pad crashes in iOS9 - Page 10 - Rogers Community

See less See more
#2 ·
No news of such service being announced yet, but with the added capabilities of their new 8642 series, I wouldn't be surprised if they one day offered such an option once they start making full use of the added capabilities. In the meantime, you could always get yourself a SlingBox and control your STB that way. Plus, you have the added convenience of watching your shows anywhere in the world...

#5 ·
Slingbox would probably be the way to go for now.
Eldest son uses a Slingbox (for quite some time now) to allow his brother-in-law in Taiwan (?) to get English language cartoons and children's programming for his kids.
His brother-in-law teaches English (language) there and wanted his kids to be fluent in English - this was a simple "immersion" technique.

- Bill H.

#6 ·
Today I received the latest copy of Rogers Connected Magazine, on page 71 it says "Remotely access your Rogers PVR in two ways - using the app or over the internet".

App - Visit Blackberry App world, iTunes Store or Android Market to download the free Rogers Remote TV Manager app. Follow the prompts to link it to your PVR. Coming Soon.

Surf It - Visit Rogers.com to gain access to the Remote TV Manager Service. Login then follow the cues to the PVR service.

Has a picture of 8642 below it. This is the first time I ever hear of the TV Manager Service and to me it sounds like the possible scheduling over the web/tablet/phone is coming soon and maybe even access to whatever you have recorded on there...

Edit: reading a bit more on the same page I now noticed it mentions you will be able to Erase recordings and Cancel scheduled recordings. Also can do Title/Actor/Genre search so deff a lot better then what you can search from your PVR. Doesnt say anything about scheduling new ones but might be a little early still, seems like they are making the platform for it.

#10 ·
Yes its a paper magazine by Rogers that is free (as far as I know) and Ive been receiving it for a long time now... It deals with all the latest tech gadgets reviews to movies and music and what will be available to Rogers customers as well as tips and tricks for all their services, its a pretty great magazine imo.

@JamesK - No there is no date, just coming soon. Im gonna guess that the website part is probably not launched yet either then.

@Alebowgm - I recall reading the fine print that said you DO NOT have to be a Rogers wireless subscriber to access it, I will check again later and if I am wrong I will edit this post otherwise it will remain as is and then you have your answer.

#12 ·
PVR Remote TV Manager

In the "connectedmagazine" it says the following:

Two Ways in:
Remotely access your Rogers PVR in two ways – using the app or over the internet
1. APP IT: Download the App
Visit BlackBerry App World, the iTunes App Store or Android Market to download the free Rogers Remote TV Manager app. Follow the prompts to link into your PVR. Coming soon.

2. SURF IT: Go to Rogers.com
Visit rogers.com to gain access to the Remote TV Manager service. Log in (or set up an account first), then follow the cues to the PVR service.

I am unable to find the Remote TV Manager or PVR service under my account.

Has anyone else found the links ?

It doesn't say "coming soon" under the internet based version, but I don't think it's available yet ???

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Rogers' Remote TV Manager feature/app

I just received a magazine from Rogers where there's an article about "Remote TV Manager", it's a feature that would allow you to program your PVR via web or (soon) via an iPhone app. I logged on to their website and couldn't find this feature - anyone had any luck?

I think this could be really useful, particularly when you're at work and realize that you forgot to record a show.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ipad app remote control for Rogers HD PVR

I am looking for an Ipad / Itouch app remote control for the Rogers PVR. Do you know if it exists or if Rogers is planning to offer something that would control their box, a TV, a blu-ray and an amplifer from an Ipad or an Itouch? There are a few products out there such as Red Eye (http://thinkflood.com), L5 Remote (http://www.l5remote.com) and a few others. I read Rogers was planning to offer something similar here: http://newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/December2010/03/c2222.html
Any one has more information? Also, Bell offers a way to control their PVR from the web such as the ability to set a recording away from home. I presume Rogers PVR can do the same? Are they planning something similar?

#21 ·
It was advertised in their UR Magazine that they mail out to subscribers (not sure who gets it). It was mentioned if a feature and they talked about it as if it was already here but then had a little bubble of "Soon!". I would expect it will be available in the next month, based upon that.

#24 ·
timberland29,

No Ethernet connection is necessary (older PVRs don't even have an Ethernet port). Programming will be done over the RF cable.

Rogers has added the ability to name your PVRs from the quick start guide. These names will probably be what is used to differentiate multiple PVRs on the same account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.