Web/App Scheduling (AnyPlace) Please read post 1. - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-19, 01:55 PM

Thanks for that info. Time to dig out the iPod Touch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-20, 08:58 PM

After rebooting my PVR, I was able to get it to work. However, I've been getting a message saying the service is unavailable since this pm.

I hope Rogers irons out the bugs soon - it looks like a promising application.
post #63 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 12:27 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Here's a response I got from Rogers Support:

Edit - although the link below worked for a short while, it no longer does and you need to use the Rogers Login page per post 1 of this thread.

Quote:
Thank you for emailing the Digital Cable Support Team.

To access the Remote TV Manager you would need to visit the site
https://rpvr.rogers.com You would also need to use Internet Explorer 7
or above. Unfortunetly other browsers are not currently compatible.

There is an app available in the iTunes store that will allow you to use
the service on an iPhone or iPad.

If you have any further questions or comments regarding our cable
service, please contact us at 1-888-764-3771 or visit our website at
http://www.rogers.com

Sincerely,
Rogers Cable Repair
Electronic Support Group
I have e-mailed them back asking when they will be supporting other browsers since IE7+ isn't available for Mac and since IE generally has only half of the browser market.

PS. I didn't like the look of the screen after clicking the link in the second paragraph. I have never encountered "SiteMinder" before and I don't recall that in the Remote Manager instructions - rather going through the Rogers site to my account - perhaps this allows you to enter Remote Manager without going to the Rogers accounts first - anyone willing to try?

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

post #64 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 12:30 PM
Veteran

Never expect anything from Rogers. It will only lead to disappointment. Even this web scheduling; without instant hand-shake sync, what's the point of having web scheduling?

e

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #65 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
PS. I didn't like the look of the screen after clicking the link in the second paragraph. I have never encountered "SiteMinder" before and I don't recall that in the Remote Manager instructions - rather going through the Rogers site to my account - perhaps this allows you to enter Remote Manager without going to the Rogers accounts first - anyone willing to try?
Well, I am running IE9 under Windows 7, and clicked the link in the email you posted, and it pulled up the interface with the spinning wheel for a few minutes while it loaded, only to eventually give me a message box saying;

"WARNING! Remote TV Manager is currently unavailable.
(Status code: GET_DVRS_ERROR)"

Clicking OK then directs me back to the main Rogers Remote TV page, which incidentally lists the 8300 as 'Available Now', and the 8642 as 'Coming Soon'. It also directs you to log into the MyRogers portal and click the link, which is still not there.

I still find it a bit strange at the iPhone app is out there, but nothing else. Almost like it was an oversight...?
post #66 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 01:00 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
If you click on "see full details" near the bottom of that main page (link below) you get the following. Note the reference to Chrome and FF (bolding is mine).

Quote:
Full Details
Offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice.

Remote TV Manager service is only available to customers with applicable set-top box models in Ontario. Registration to My Rogers is required. Remote TV Manager web access is supported on IE7 or higher, Chrome and Firefox. Mobile access is only supported on iPhones with operating system 4.0 or higher. Mobile access is open to all wireless carriers. Mobile application use will incur data charges.
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/rpvr

PS - sometimes I get a "server not responding" message when trying to get to Rogers today...

post #67 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

I just tried the link provided and it did bring up the guide. Unfortunately the channel numbers and the programming were off by 1 channel. Channel 1 had channels 2's program information, channel 2 had 3's, etc.

When I clicked on "My PVR" the new page had no data. When I tried to set a recording off the guide I received the service unavailable message.

On my 8300, when I tried to check the Name My Box function (which I had previously set), it gave me an Unable to Retrieve Name message.

In summary, it is still not working for me.
post #68 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 06:52 PM

I just tried the web link again, and right now I have the same result as Sesinger describes. I can see the guide, but the "My PVR" doesn't show anything.

I also pulled out the iPad to try the Mac app, and that is also offline now (where it worked the other day), so it seems like the service is offline right now.

I noticed as well that the Name My Box on the PVR no longer has the "Living Room" name I had set a while back, and instead shows a greyed out "Loading PVR Name".

Seems like Rogers is working on things...
post #69 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 11:00 PM

I logged in with my Rogers userid and password about 15 minutes ago and it looks like everything is working for both my 8300HD PVRs.

I was able to view and search TV listings, view recorded programs, view scheduled recordings, and I also scheduled a show to record and it is currently recording.
post #70 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

After Rodenti posted I tried again with the same problems I mentioned before. I'm recording some stuff now so will reboot and try again later.

Rodenti, was your guide correct? Did the programs match the correct channel?
post #71 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 11:40 PM

Yes, I just noticed that the guide channel numbers are off by one... the guide starts at channel 1, when they should start at channel 2.

When my show stops recording I will check it out to see if it recorded correctly - it shows the correct name in the PVR list (on my PVR directly), so I am pretty sure that it recorded on the correct channel regardless of the channel number shown online.
post #72 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-22, 11:52 PM

I tried the link and was able to login. I clicked on "My PVR" and could see some recorded programmes, however, nothing else seemed to work - couldn't change channels, couldn't change PVRs (I have two, the second appeared to be greyed out), couldn't see scheduled recordings, etc. I could move ahead in time, but only on the default 5 channels. Clicking anything else did nothing. Also, sometimes when you hover, things seemed to "grey out". I also noticed that the channels were off by one occasionally, but I could only see channels 1-5...

Edit - I upgraded my browser to FF4 and now more stuff is working - seems to be working properly after a very short time spent there. I'll report back on Monday with more information. Looks like the browser and version is important. The search feature is wonderful!

post #73 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-23, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Interesting. I was using IE8 and it wouldn't work. I tried FF4 and my Playbook browser and they both worked. I may have a security setting in IE8 that is causing the problem and I'll try changing some of them tomorrow.
post #74 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-23, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
I have e-mailed them back asking when they will be supporting other browsers since IE7+ isn't available for Mac and since IE generally has only half of the browser market.

I was able to open the link with my chrome browser. I did get a error message once again:

Warning! Remote TV Manager is currently unavailable (status code: No eligible accounts).

I have tried rebooting my 8300 which is not the hd version. I also have 2 other pvrs which are the 8642 model (which aren't currently supported).
post #75 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-05-23, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberland29 View Post
I was able to open the link with my chrome browser. I did get a error message once again:

Warning! Remote TV Manager is currently unavailable (status code: No eligible accounts).

I have tried rebooting my 8300 which is not the hd version. I also have 2 other pvrs which are the 8642 model (which aren't currently supported).
Just read the Faqs on the rogers site. I see that none of my 3 pvrs are currently supported. 8300 non hd and 2 - 8642's. Im thinking of swapping my 8642 rental for the 8300 hd if I can get one. Do you guys think its worth the trouble? It will probably be a while until they start supportimg the newer 8642s I'm guessing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.