Web/App Scheduling (AnyPlace) Please read post 1. - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 02:59 PM

Rogers' Remote TV Manager feature/app

I just received a magazine from Rogers where there's an article about "Remote TV Manager", it's a feature that would allow you to program your PVR via web or (soon) via an iPhone app. I logged on to their website and couldn't find this feature - anyone had any luck?

I think this could be really useful, particularly when you're at work and realize that you forgot to record a show.

Last edited by 57; 2011-03-02 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-06, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBizi View Post
I just received a magazine from Rogers where there's an article about "Remote TV Manager"...
it's "coming soon". Read this thread in full and you'll see the discussion on it. I realize your post was moved, so you might have missed it.
post #18 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-13, 08:59 PM

Ipad app remote control for Rogers HD PVR

I am looking for an Ipad / Itouch app remote control for the Rogers PVR. Do you know if it exists or if Rogers is planning to offer something that would control their box, a TV, a blu-ray and an amplifer from an Ipad or an Itouch? There are a few products out there such as Red Eye (http://thinkflood.com), L5 Remote (http://www.l5remote.com) and a few others. I read Rogers was planning to offer something similar here: http://newswire.ca/en/releases/archi.../03/c2222.html
Any one has more information? Also, Bell offers a way to control their PVR from the web such as the ability to set a recording away from home. I presume Rogers PVR can do the same? Are they planning something similar?

ruralOtown

Last edited by 57; 2011-03-13 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread, please read earlier posts.

post #19 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-13, 10:20 PM

It should be coming very soon but apparently, it will only work with the SA 8300 and not the newer 8642 model.
post #20 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-13, 11:34 PM
Veteran

Of course by soon, with Rogers, you mean never.
post #21 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-14, 07:40 AM

It was advertised in their UR Magazine that they mail out to subscribers (not sure who gets it). It was mentioned if a feature and they talked about it as if it was already here but then had a little bubble of "Soon!". I would expect it will be available in the next month, based upon that.
post #22 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-24, 01:20 AM

How will it work?

Anyone have an idea how this will work? Will the pvr have to be hooked up to ethernet in order to remotely access it? also will be able to choose which pvr to control in my case we have 3 pvrs in one house hold. Thanks in advance.
post #23 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-24, 07:24 AM
Veteran

^^^^
I would expect it would be done via the cable network. You'd connect to a server at Rogers which can then communicate with your PVR.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #24 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-24, 07:26 AM

timberland29,

No Ethernet connection is necessary (older PVRs don't even have an Ethernet port). Programming will be done over the RF cable.

Rogers has added the ability to name your PVRs from the quick start guide. These names will probably be what is used to differentiate multiple PVRs on the same account.
post #25 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-24, 03:43 PM

Or use the (unique) MAC address....

- Bill H.
post #26 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-03-24, 09:58 PM
Veteran

^^^^
I don't know which message you were referring to, but MAC addresses do not survive when data is passed through a router. MAC addresses are valid only on the local network and nowhere else.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #27 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 07:29 PM

The newer 8642 hd pvrs dont have the quick start guide option..yet?

Last edited by 57; 2011-04-05 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote removed.
post #28 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-04-05, 07:46 PM

no the 8642 is incompatible with the QSM but cisco should be rectifying this soon i hope
post #29 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-04-08, 10:53 AM

I don't care who you spoke to at Rogers, no one has any clue about this. I have been bounced around a dozen departments. The one lady in the cable department said it is working via the web, but couldn't find the link for me. I figured what the heck, I emailed the person who wrote the bloody article to ask for clarification.

In my magazine, the App it says coming soon in bold, after the app, the surf it part says nothing about coming soon. It is worded as if it works now.

I take what telephone reps say with a grain of salt. I doubt it is working, but who know's.
post #30 of 746 (permalink) Old 2011-04-13, 10:11 PM

On April 4th @RogersElise on twitter replied with the following to my tweet to @RogersHelps asking if there was any news on the Rogers Remote TV Manager:
Not at the moment. There is no set timeline.
Doesn't sound too promising...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.