Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Videotron New Channels Discussion

102K views 165 replies 46 participants last post by  wysiwyg 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Rainey, Sorry to burst your bubble but this is the same answer since over a year ago. How long does it take for Vidéotron to negotiate for AMC?? All other providers offer it! Personally, I have no confidence in anything that Vidéotron says or promises e.g. Illico 2 was supposed to have multiroom capability in the Fall of 2012 according to what their VP said in May 2012. Now we get the standard response " We are working on it and will let you know when we have information" statement from their Facebook reps.

Luckily Bell just wired my street for Fibe a few weeks ago and as soon as they offer me the Fibe service, I am leaving Vidéotron (and this coming from an ex Expressvu customer who knows about their billing/cust service issues...). I cannot believe how far back Videotron is from Bell Fibe regarding the technology/features/ease of use of their equipment.

#10 ·
Rainey, Sorry to burst your bubble but this is the same answer since over a year ago. How long does it take for Vidéotron to negotiate for AMC?? All other providers offer it! .
I have also been getting the same run-around response "AMC under negotiations" for more than a year. I have sent multiple emails, facebook and twitter messages and still nothing. Boy those AMC executives must be tougher than any public union to make deal with (not).

If AMC ever arrives (11 months still left in 2013) I wonder how Videotron will package it? Will they add it to their TMN package or maybe offer it a-la-carte like Oasis?

#11 ·
Does anybody know if Videotron intends to drop City TV Toronto from their grid now that Metro 14 is now City TV Montreal? Both City channels have a spot on Videotron's HD grid, yet apart from a few minor exceptions, their programming is identical. Plus because Metro 14 was on basic cable (meaning you didn't have to choose to subscribe to it) City TV Montreal now has the same status. It would seem to me that the City T.O. spot on the grid would be an ideal replacement for...... oh..... AMC? Just sayin'.

#21 ·
In the Gazette article that announced that Videotron had picked up AMC, they said that the cable company would also be offering it On Demand, which I took to mean that it would be like TMN/HBO wherein if you subscribe to it, you can watch shows and movies that you missed through Illico on Demand at no extra charge. I checked the Illico on Demand listing yesterday though and didn't see AMC in there.

#26 ·
When watching CTV Montreal News at 6 today, I saw an ad for The Voice. As it was on CTV, the ad mentioned that the Monday part of The Voice would be on CTV2.

Now that surprised me. I believe that majority of CTV Montreal viewers are with Videotron. Do Videotron subscribers get access to CTV2 yet? If not, that ad is rather silly considering majority of its viewers can not even watch CTV2.

#28 ·
That is not true.

In Quebec, CTV2 is not in basic with Fibe. It is an add on of $3. CTV2 is in the Time Shifting package.

So people that just have basic package have to pay an extra $3 to watch The Voice.:mad:

This really sucks if they put that show on CTV2. Not that I watch it but for people that do.

Videotron has CTV2 in their basic.

This is one reason I stuck with Satellite and not switch to Fibe as CTV2 is included in the basic package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.