Videotron Packages / Pricing - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-03-06, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Videotron Packages / Pricing

Am not optomistic but is it possible just to sub to the analog/classic channels at Videotron? Just curious since their charging a digital fee, then an HD fee on top of it.

Cheers, K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-03-06, 11:15 AM

Yes, you certainly can. Just plug the cable directly to the TV without using the box. Of course you have to inform them so that they will only charge you the classic cable without digital and HD fees.

Last edited by 57; 2012-03-06 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-03-23, 09:46 AM

RDS / RDS2 on Videotron

Just a notice for those subscribing to RDS on Videotron.

If you have a la carte package and you remove RDS from your line-up now, if you need to put it back in the future you MUST also take RDS2. And unlike TSN and TSN2, RDS and RDS2 will be counted as TWO spots on your a la carte.

So for those like me who watch RDS only for Hab games, beware. I wanted to remove RDS since all remaining Hab games (except vs Hurricanes on Thursday) are available in English.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 09:16 AM

Free PVR for 2 years

Videotron is again offering a free pvr for 2 years if you have 3 or 4 services with them. Not sure what happens after the 2 years and not sure how long the promotion will be.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 10:23 AM

Do you know if it's applicable to new clients only? Is it the new Samsung pvr or the Cisco? What is your source because I can't find it on their site:
http://www.videotron.com/service/television/promotions/
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 10:29 AM

post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 11:16 AM

Thanks, so it IS the new Samsung terminal. But it still doesn't say it's for new customers or not.

EDIT
Nevermind, found the conditions:

* This limited-time offer is for new and current Videotron residential customers and is conditional on their subscribing to at least one new product so that they ultimately have a combination of three (3) or four (4) of the following products: Television, Internet (residential or mobile), Residential Telephony and Mobile Telephony. The minimum prerequisite for this offer is a subscription to a Custom Package 10 and Super Écran and/or The Movie Network or the Custom Package 15 or another package of superior value that must be maintained throughout the HD PVR’s two-year free rental period. The customer must maintain a subscription to three (3) or four (4) of these products. This offer is conditional on payment of HD fees. After the first 24 months, rental fees will be $8.99 per month. Offer applies to addition of an HD PVR. Offer applicable to one terminal only. Installation of all TV, Internet and Telephony services is free ($59.95 value) if they are installed on the same day for a maximum of five outlets per visit. Installation of additional outlets extra. Services, conditions and rates may vary by region and are subject to change without prior notice. illico digital TV and illico on Demand are available where technology permits. Prices include the Local Programming Improvement Fund (1.5%). Taxes not included. Certain conditions required.

So after two years, you're renting it at $8.99 a month... boooo!
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 12:25 PM

Yeah I went through chat earlier this morning and got that information. I guess it's a good deal, but.. in the end you are still paying for it, so it's not that great of a deal.

Customer Service told me that after two years, you can continue renting it or accept the offer given by Videotron to buy the terminal. However, he couldn't tell me an exact offer, since obviously they change. That's better than nothing, but it isn't great either.

As for the terminal, he told me that it would be either the Cisco version or Samsung.
Oddly enough the EN version of the promotion shows the Samsung terminal but the FR version shows the Cisco version http://www.videotron.com/service/for...-fr.jsp#note-0
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 05:44 PM

Maybe they are compensating for the lack of HD content in English by offering a better PVR?

In any event, I'm sure Videotron will be willing to negotiate the rental fee after the 2 years. They'd be foolish not to considering Bell is giving theirs away for free after 3 years.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-08, 01:22 PM

With the prices they charge for their packages they should not be charging anything for the PVR after 2 years.
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-04-11, 10:35 AM
Rookie

New data packages

I just logged on to videotron to add a 30GB data package and effective tomorrow, the new packages are going from 5GB/30GB to 20GB/60GB. Still at $5.00 and $12.50 each.

Still not unlimited but a step in the right direction.
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-07-24, 11:30 PM
Rookie

Videotron now charge 30% more?

Hi,

i just got my first videotron bill and i was wondering if they make "error" like this often.

Subtotal: 64,48$
Videotron charge 6,47$ in GST
(now 70,95$), they charge 12,91$ in PST
Total: 91,66$.... and even that is wrong if you take their numbers!

Wow! Good automated system!

In reality for 64,48$, this should be:
GST 3,22$
(now 67,67$)
PST 6,43$

Total 74,10$

Do you have often this kind of problem with them, because i "supposedly" have the promotion for 3 products at 62$? Will be a very long phone call tomorrow...
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-11, 04:20 PM
Rookie

fees for second HD terminal

How can Videotron justify charging for second or third HD terminal?
With Bell or Dishnetwork, you end up buying as many STB with NO additional fees.

Last edited by joujoubi; 2012-08-11 at 07:09 PM.
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-11, 06:34 PM

That pisses me off to even if i own the darn boxes , they still charge me but if ever the stb broke i would have to buy a new one.
Imagine the ones that rent the boxes, they pay rental fees and usage fees for those terminals.
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-11, 08:18 PM

Quote:
the new packages are going from 5GB/30GB to 20GB/60GB. Still at $5.00 and $12.50 each.
They changed the $12.50 - 30GB to $12.50- 60GB because Bell had been offering $5 for 40GB

Quote:
How can Videotron justify charging for second or third HD terminal?
With Bell or Dishnetwork, you end up buying as many STB with NO additional fees.
Totally ridiculous.

Serebruss, you will have to call Videotron beacuse their bills are very confusing. There might be other charges elsewhere on the Bill. Notihng surprises me anymore with Videotron.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.