Videotron Packages / Pricing - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-13, 08:09 PM

Rogers does the same to Bell regarding FX Canada. And I have seen Videotron say that MaTele (or is it MaTV) is not available on Bell.

I have Bell Sat and it is a bit more expensive and the increases are too much.

But I saw a football game on ABC HD which is on basic with Bell but not with Videotron.

I think that most of Videotron's customers are francaphones and that the majority of the population is french. So Videotron will do more for that market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-10-26, 08:55 AM

Since the Superchannel free preview is now over and I'm a Homeland fan, I checked out whether I can get Homeland on my XBMC box and I can. The thought of paying for it for one program didn't make sense. Then I thought that perhaps I could do the same my TMN subscription as there are only a handful of shows I watch on TMN/HBO. Sure enough they were all available so it brought into question whether I should continue to subscribe to the movie network.

While I was pondering this, yesterday I received a letter from Videotron saying that the The Movie Network cost will increase by $1.99 starting November 26th.

I guess that answers my question.

Phil
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 2014-04-18, 03:48 PM

Heads up: Deal on TGV 30 internet

I recently learned that Videotron had lowered the price of the TGV 30 to $52.95/month as part of their 50th anniversary promotions. The deal is available to both new and current customers.

It works even if you already have the TGV 30 package. I just called them and went from $66.95/month to the new price.

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 2016-01-23, 08:19 AM

Cheaper Basic & new à la carte

So when will we be hearing about Videotron's cheaper basic cable offer and the new à la carte costs?
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 2016-01-23, 10:55 AM

I don't think any of the providers have announced the details yet. Here are the requirements from post 21 & 22 of this thread:
CRTC Policy: maximize choice for TV viewers (pick and pay)

By March 2016, Canadians will be able to subscribe to an entry-level television service that cost no more than $25.
Canadians will be able to add specialty channels on a pick-and-pay basis or in small packages.
By December 2016, viewers will be able to subscribe to channels on a pick-and-pay basis as well as in small packages.
Cable and satellite companies can continue to offer their existing packages.
EnderWiggin likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.