Videotron Packages / Pricing - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-04-16, 08:12 AM

As per Videotron on their Facebook page, you can add AMC to your A La Carte selection but you will need to pay an extra $2.00

Samsung HL-S7178, Panasonic TCP50ST50, OPPO DV-981HD, PS3 40gb, Onkyo TX-SR674, Videotron 8642HD PVR, Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-04-18, 11:31 PM
Rookie

@ Tanta

Explora can be added / exchanged on any à la carte package. I have it that way.
post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-07-01, 03:02 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Promotion 2013: Free HD PVR or HD receiver.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Videotron is currently aving a very great deal with their HD systems.

I havn't seen any ads about it, except the one on their main website. Not sure why they aren't making more advertising.

They offer the boxes for free (rented) if you sign up for 3 years contract with a TV packages that is at least 51.51$ a month (including basic HD package of 25.25$).

If you prefer to buy your boxes, the HD PVR sells for 199$ with the same contract. I took this deal, 200$ for an HD PVR, that's an hell of a deal.

I just made an article on my blog about it. The blog is in French, but you can translate it using the Google Translate section on the right menu, translation should be good enough to understand everything.

My blog post: https://guizmo.biz/2013/06/30/super-...le-generation/

Videotron promotion: http://www.videotron.com/residential...nd-accessories

post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-07-02, 09:40 AM

Free previews July

Free preview of Cosmopolitan TV (Chanel 87) and Discovery World HD (Channel 725) until 31 July.
post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-07-07, 09:12 AM

@GuizmoPhil, there are not TV contracts in Quebec.

If you read the fine print, this boarders on what the law will allow in Quebec.

"Reduced price indicated corresponds to the purchase of equipment with an economic inducement: in this case, a termination fee will apply if the contract is terminated before the end of the acquisition period of the discount (36 months)."

This is shady at best, Bill 60 says that fees need to be clearly laid out, and there's not to be any contract, equipment can be handled separately, but this is down right shady.
post #51 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-07-07, 01:13 PM

Nitra,
That is to be expected of Videotron. Even their site is hard to understand what the exact pricing is for their services.
post #52 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-07-07, 06:01 PM

See, and this was what Bill 60 was supposed to prevent.
post #53 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-10, 10:36 AM

HD PVR Purchase Promotion

Here are the recent Videotron promotions on the purchase of an HD PVR:

$199* (after a $400 discount)
Prerequisite: a Custom 20 TV package (basic HD TV service included) or another TV package of equal or higher value.

$299* (after a $300 discount)
Prerequisite: a Custom 15 TV package (basic HD TV service included) or another TV package of equal or higher value.

Link

*The fine print
Equipment on purchase (promotion)
This limited-time offer is for new and current Videotron residential customers and upon a subscription to basic HD digital TV service.
The minimum prerequisite for this offer is a subscription to a Custom 20 TV package; or to any other TV package of equal or higher value that must be maintained for at least 36 months. Reduced price indicated corresponds to the purchase of equipment with an economic inducement: in this case, a termination fee will apply if the contract is terminated before the end of the acquisition period of the discount (36 months). Prices include the Local Programming Improvement Fund (0.5%). Certain conditions apply.
post #54 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-10, 01:55 PM

Oh my God. Since when is an HD PVR $600? I remember they had at $499 at one time.

This looks like they inflated the price to make it look like they are offering a good deal.

Also the conditions like the Custom 20 or 15 remind me of what the cell phone compnies do to subsidize their phones.
post #55 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-10, 03:09 PM

The Videotron PVRs are not as sophisticated as the ones available from other providers.

They do not offer enough storage capacity or tuners to allow the recording of multiple channels at the same time.

The solution appears to be to offer clients PVRs for $0 to rent or $200 to buy so by having enough of them connected in a chain and by using the new multi-room functionality Videotron can be almost as good as their competition.
post #56 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-10, 07:19 PM

What I was saying was that not too long ago I saw Videotron HD PVRs going for $500 pretty much everywhere and this was the regular price at Retail stores and on their website.

But now they say it is $600.
post #57 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-11, 02:44 PM

Does Videotron have CTV2 yet? From what I saw on its site, not yet. As the Fall season rolls in, Videotron subscribers will be snubbed on at least two shows. Anger Management and Hot in Cleveland are moved to CTV2 and they are not available on American broadcast channels. Also, a number of CW shows - well, actually all except Arrow, The Tomorrow People and Carrie Diaries - will not be available in HD.
post #58 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-12, 11:30 AM

I don't have it in my region. that what a rep said. But he told me that they are improving their "system" so once they are capable to have ctv2 available in my region it will appear. But they do not gave us a rebate on our bill....l
post #59 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-12, 02:21 PM

Oh my God. It is still not availalable. I remember this being discussed months ago.
post #60 of 65 (permalink) Old 2013-09-13, 06:08 PM

And from what I see on CTV Montreal, Bell Media seems to rub it in the face of Videotron subscribers. There are plenty of programming ads for CTV2 shows nowadays.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.