Videotron Packages / Pricing - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-18, 08:33 AM
Rookie

So I take it there is no justification for Videotron to charge their customers for owning or renting more than one STB, the monthly fees.
What a rip off.
Bell, Shaw,Dishnetwork don't sound that bad after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-19, 11:14 AM

TSN/RS HD Fee

Not sure if this is the right place to post. But for those of you were paying the monthly HD for TSN/RS it has been removed and is retroactive to August 17th. Just received my bill and it was clearly detailed so I did not have to call.
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-28, 10:24 AM

i just noticed on videotrons website that they include metro 14 in the basic package but i dont seem to have it ,could this be for Montreal only as im in Quebec city?If so it's false advertising.

post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-29, 04:54 PM

I've got Videotron's Internet 30 where I get 30 mbps download and 2 mbps upload. Since around August 11th, I've been noticing my upload speed is consistently 3 mbps. Has anyone else noticed that? I suppose there will be an increase in fees for this not-asked-for hike in speed. If no increase I'll be happy, but I don't trust this as there's been too many distru****l events like this in the past.
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-29, 05:34 PM

@proggy: it's not really false advertising , the "channels may vary by region" was always there and beside Metro 14 is worth almost nothing right now.
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-29, 10:32 PM

Anyways rumour has it Metro is going to be the City tv Montreal
post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-30, 07:43 AM

Proggy, not a rumour it is true. Rogers bought metro 14 back in May. They are slowly making it over into City Montreal. However, there are still some issues with the ethnic licenses to work out.
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 12:20 AM

It's Roger's main goal to make Metro 14 into a City Tv station but it's not done yet and Metro 14 is a multi-ethnic station with very strong conditions of license regarding that.

More likely that the conditions will be tone down but it won't become an english station.
Just to give you an idea, here's Metro 14 fall prime time schedule.
post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 08:50 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post. But for those of you were paying the monthly HD for TSN/RS it has been removed and is retroactive to August 17th. Just received my bill and it was clearly detailed so I did not have to call.
Does that mean that if I am not paying the fee but have TSN (SD) on my channel package I would now be able to watch TSN HD without any change to my plan ?
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-08-31, 08:04 PM

No, you still need TSN SD to get the HD feed, it's just that now it's free.
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-09-04, 08:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown View Post
No, you still need TSN SD to get the HD feed, it's just that now it's free.
That's exactly what I meant in my question. Thanks.
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-09-04, 10:42 PM

I tired decreasing number of custom channels today from 15 to 10 and couldn't remove RDS2 without losing RDS. It told me that I must subscribe to RDS2 in order to keep RDS. I had to drop another channel instead. Is this true or should I call customer service and complain?

Thanks.
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-09-05, 12:06 AM

Holy Crap. That's bad. So if you try and remove RDS2 you lose RDS.

With Bell the reverse is true because those channels are packaged together. When you subscribe to RDS you get RDS2 free of charge.

But with Videotron they are 2 separate channels. I really didn't know about that condition P1.
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-09-05, 07:19 AM

Pix44r: you should call. I have a custom package and have rds but do not have rds2. I have noticed recently it is easier to call to make changes to your package. I was trying to add a pbs station online but the system would not let me so I called and they did it in a second.
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 2012-09-05, 08:00 PM

Thanks guys, I will give them a call.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.