Videotron Rant Thread - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-03-26, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Now that the election is upon us, I want to watch more Canadian news. Alas, there is no English Canadian news channel in HD on Videotron. The HD news channels they have are RDI, LCN and CNN. The first two are in French, the last one American.

I need those CBC News and CTV News in HD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-03-28, 02:22 PM
Rookie

1. No Canadian English news channel in HD
2. No Sportsnet ONE at all
3. Many HD channels missing in the Outaouais while the rest of Quebec has them, while we all pay the same price for HD service.
4. Annual fee increases

Those are my biggest issues with Videotron at the moment.
post #18 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-03-30, 06:08 PM
Rookie

We need more HD channels,that's for damn sure.

post #19 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-03-31, 09:43 AM

More HD
More SD (like AMC, Peachtree, TCM)
Basically compete with Shaw and Bell.
post #20 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-02, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jett71 View Post
We need more HD channels,that's for damn sure.
To be more precise, we need more English HD channels. I believe that Videotron carries all available French HD channels.
post #21 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-29, 10:18 PM
Rookie

At least now there's SunHD for Canadian news but i totally agree that Videotron needs more HD. The problem with Videotron is their crappy receivers. Can't wait till Bell Fibe is available in my region.
post #22 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-30, 06:37 AM

Thumbs up

"The problem with Videotron is their crappy receivers".

I would say that the problem with Videotron is their crappy software on their receivers specifically the brand new 8642hd box that is using archaic software and functionality vs Bell similar product.

I have a Bell 9200 HD pvr and I am now moving houses and will be getting Videotron with a brand new 8642HD. From my research in this forum (no 30 sec skip, old 4:3 format guide etc..) I already know I will be missing my old pvr (But not Bell customer service! ;-) ).

Gillest

Samsung HL-S7178, Panasonic TCP50ST50, OPPO DV-981HD, PS3 40gb, Onkyo TX-SR674, Videotron 8642HD PVR, Harmony One
post #23 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-30, 06:42 PM
Rookie

More Troubles with Videotron

Don`t forget the necessity to access the internet for an accurate program guide. About 5% of the programs I record are not what was advertised.

Another thing, why do we get ads for Rogers shows on Videotron? Is that just to piss us off even more?

Thanks
post #24 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-30, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

CTV Two

I think I want to make a preemptive rant.

/A\ Channel will morph into CTV Two this Fall, complete with an HD channel. In the press release, the province of Quebec is never mentioned and in the contrary it is said that the new channel will be available in 90% of English Canada.

As Videotron outside of the Outaouais never carries /A\, it is safe to assume that it will not carry CTV Two too.

*sigh*
post #25 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-31, 01:32 PM

TVA Sports coming?

Just heard on the radio that TVA sports will launch this fall. I bet you it goes directly to the grid in HD just like other TVA properties YOOPA and Mlle. Meanwhile us idiots that have been waiting for the channels we subscribe to in SD to be broadcast in HD are out of luck. Maybe eventually all the channels on Videotron will be owned by Videotron. I really do not know what sports propertries TVA sports will have access to because RDS has a lot of sports covered. Furthermore who wants to see more sports being covered from the studio with two talking heads watching an English feed.
post #26 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-05-31, 01:34 PM

You are correct. Videotron will not be adding CTV TWO anytime in the future.

I just purchased the HDPVR and have to say I have no issues with it. Never been with Bell so can not compare but based on friends with Bell I have never had my old pvr or new one crap out on me and have to have it replaced.
post #27 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-06-14, 08:27 AM

Adios Videotron!

In terms of customer support and the quality of the service I have no complaints only praise. The phone always worked, TV always up and the internet always fast. My beef is the bill: 176$ a month (phone, long distance, caller ID, tv15 internet, 20channels, HD and movies) which seems to be a high price tag for what am getting in return.

Moving into a new house: Putting up an OTA antenna (CBS-HD, NBC-HD, FOX-HD, ABC-HD, CW-DT, This-DT, CBC-HD, PBS-HD (and 6 sub channels), V-HD, TVA-HD, CTV-HD, GLOBAL-HD (in aug 2011), Metro14-HD and SRC-HD.

Coupled w/ Hulu and netflix, FTA satellite and a VOIP phone, the new bill will be 65$ a month (keeping the internet though).

Its come to a point that enough is enough. They keep increasing prices without adding quality channels.
Cheers, K.
post #28 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-06-19, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Another one of my rants.

The MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) is available in Canada and United States in high definition. Well, except for those subscribing to Videotron.
post #29 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-09-09, 06:09 PM
Rookie

suscribed and unsuscribed within 2 months

a client of mine convinced me to switch all my services to videotron from bell when i moved in July.
The CSR lied about what was included in my promotion(free internet 1 month)
and what was included free in my installation. My installer was late, rude and had a wrong work order.
My suscribed channels kept on disappearing, each time it took oveer 45 minutes on the phone to restore them.
my first invoice included a collection letter!! the hd content sucks compare to bell, and ends up being almost as costly.
I called bell fibe, and im saving $75 a month on my bundle. install is on the 24th
Goodbye videotron, and hello again Bell. So much for superior customer service from videotron
post #30 of 287 (permalink) Old 2011-09-10, 09:54 AM

I was seriously thinking of switching to Bell Fibe since they have more HD stations than Bell. However, my friend made the switch last week and today her system has gone down and Bell is trying to restore. Biggest issue is when the system goes down it means you lose tv and internet. I think I will wait until the bugs are worked out with Fibe.

Tags
error , guide , videotron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.