Question about home installation - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-09-24, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question about home installation

hi folks,

here is the situation, I presently have 8300HD STB with internet and phone services. I chose a package with 20 choice channels plus (obligatory) base channels.

My place was wired for extra cable jacks but not in use...when the tech came by at first he asked if i wanted to plug in these extra jacks and i said no not for the moment.

he then showed me where to plug in the cable if ever i do get an extra TV for a different room.

I finnally purchased a new tv for this room and setup the cable just like he showed me. The main cable goes in a 3 way splitter. it then splits up to the cable going to my 8300Hd box, then another to the internet modem and the third one is the cable running to this extra cable jack in a different room.

when i set up my tv everything works fine for channel 3-4-5-6-7...then 8 and so on are very snowy...channels 40 and up seem to work fine...but every channel between 7 and 39 are very snowy...

my question is do i need a cable signal booster??? could it be that i split the signal to another tv and this is the reason why the picture isint clear???

Thanks for the help...im a bit of a newb when it comes to these things

Frank72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-09-24, 08:47 PM

sounds like you did'nt sign up for the analogic cable, if you did'nt ask for it, you will only have access to the numeric cable (except for some package like sur mesure 30 where it come with the numeric)

call the customer service if you want it (it close a 9:30 pm during the week )

Vive le fun!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-09-24, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

well i have sur mesure 20...and you dont have a choice to get the base package...therefore i assume that i have analogue?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2009-09-24, 10:43 PM

no, digital and analog TV are completly different things, both systemwise and package wise
if you dont have a package where its included (and no, the sur mesure 20 doesnt come with classsic cable), i think (i dont work at the customer service, so i dont have the prices) that its about 10 per month

http://www.videotron.com/service/tv/...-more-packages

Vive le fun!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in