Videotron continues to post strong subscriber growth - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-05-19, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-06-07, 10:24 PM
Veteran

nearly everyone I know is switching to Videotron from Bell,

the reason is not so much that Videotron is that great, but rather due to the fact that Bell's service had been and still is rapidly deteriorating....

I know of bad experience after bad experience with Bell customers...you know a major problem is on its way when their customer service can barely speak understandable english....add this to initial problem you requested assistance for and that's it, enough to pull the trigger on them...

BTW, Videotron will become the same way once the greed factor cant be stopped...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-06-08, 01:54 AM

well in fact, AFAIK, i work in one of the videotron call centers and the thing we doesnt want is to become like bell, in fact its one of our worst nightmare!!!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-06-08, 08:35 AM

Videotron has good bundling discounts. They also seems to have good hardware backing up their system. Telephony, internet and TV is very reliable (for me). Their one killer app, IOD, could use some work though. Also, where I live Bell does not have HS service despite being only a few kilometers from town. Perhaps they have have reached their limits in the burbs or 3Mbps is no longer competitive with 10Mbps being the norm on cable.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-06-13, 09:30 PM

Main reason is Bell finally cut off the hackers, I know over a dozen ex hackers that are now happy Videotron subscribers, many already had internet but now have a full bundle, if that's just people I know, there must be a heck of a lot of others.

4DTV DSR922 HDD 200 VC 2+ GI2500R VC 2 Pansat 2500a c/ku/dbs feed 10.6ft Clearview mesh AMC-8 to AMC-12 24"Venture.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-06-13, 11:19 PM

in fact its not the hackers that are cut off, but the file sharers

the problem is that bell did hit everyone, both those using it illegally as those using it legally (like for the linux distributions)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-09-23, 10:04 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down Videotron, not that great..

well, in my opinion , Videotron DOESN"t have such great hardware and prices. The 4250hd receiver is very bad, we can't get the subscribed channels only on the guide, it's slow as hell and doesn't worth the money they ask for. My older Pace receiver is a lot faster. Compared to the bell hd receiver, it's junk. Their HD TV channel package is very lame and expensive compared to Bell. They even charge an extra 4$ for DiscoveryHD ... yeah right..

Their prices for the Voip phone is too expensive, they have a good start up price but then you have to pay for every extra that are free with other providers like primus. So if you want the extra it end up being the same as a land phone. Prices for internet is way too expensive also. They don't have a in between package , it's either 2 gigs/months and super slow or 30 gigs for 51$ .. +

as to the support dept, just try to phone after 6pm and tell me what nationality the person will be and if you like the accent.. the day time staff is rather good but the evening staff is not. I usually know a lot more than they do.

In 9 years with them, they've sent a technician 8 times to my house, when in fact most of the time, the problem was outside and not inside of my home,

I totally dislkike bell also, so for now, not much choices but to stay with the less of 2 evils.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-09-23, 10:52 PM

after 6 pm, we got more quebecois people than you think

you were just a bit unlucky, in fact, when you call for technical support, call in for the TV, most of us are for all the products, as such if you call for the TV, youre sure to fall on someone working in Quebec, while all the employees outside quebec are only there for the internet

Vive le fun!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-11-01, 11:47 AM
Rookie

Agree with Sirius. I had three technicians come to my home unable to fix the problem and the fourth finally discovered the problem was outside on the street. He told me the other three had never done a basic test.
Terrible HD package, lousy on-demand and now they are charging for some American series that Rogers offers for free to their subscribers. Sadly I live in Quebec so can't sign up for Rogers. Will be moving to Bell as soon as my contract is over because I have invested heavily in HD equipment and there is a serious lack of HD content on Videotron.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2009-11-04, 11:24 AM
U

Yep agree with you guys... Videotron's HD line up is a nothing short of a joke. That's why I have never considered them (I have Bell). Maybe in the future if they get their act together...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in