Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North of the GTA
- Is the user experience between having an onboard HD (9241/42/00) any different than usb storage only as in 6131, or is the HDD witht the 6131 as seemless as on the built-in ones.6131/6141 become Single Tuner HD PVR's NOT Dual Tuner HD PVR's
- 6131 allows recording one program while watching live tv, but cannot record 2 programs while watching a recorded one, as the 9242 can since only 1 tuner.No. It is a Single Tuner HD PVR, so it CANNOT record one show while watching a second LIVE one. It can reord one show while watching a RECORDED show.
- 6131 supports mpeg 2 and 4, so will not be obsolete if bell drops mpeg2Correct. Not IF but WHEN.
- 6131 does not suffer from reported problems on the 9241 re: fuzzy or dark SD (i assume due to decoding hardware or soft choices on 9241)Never seen this issue on the countless 9241's I have seen installed.
- 6131 has UHF remoteIncorrect, it is an IR Remote, same as the 6141.
- 6131 can output both to HDMI and component in HD simultaneously, ie one output is not disabled because the other is in use. This allows me to have TV with component upstairs through the floor (uhf remote needed), and 6131 in basement with hdmi going to projector for occasional use.Correct, exactly the same as ALL of Bell's HD receivers. You will need to purchase an RF Extender as the 6131/6141 are NOT RF Remotes
- 6131 is plug and play with my current 2 tuner config used by 9200Yes, it only requires 1 input.
- 6131 does not have EHD glitches that 9241 does?I would think this would depend on the EHD you purchase as to it's operation. I am not aware of any major "glitch's" on the 9241
- 9242 does all of the above, i.e. EHD working well, ability to switch between 2 HD broadcastsThe 9242 is a Triple Tuner HD PVR, it also has the OTA HD Tuner
- 9242 will support any changes to codec changes so is as "futureproof" as 6131 or 9241
- if I understand correctly, no 9242s available from Bell at least on a purchase basis.6131/6141/9241 & 9242 are all MPEG4 compatible. There are NO MORE 9242's available, unless you find one in a store. All remaining Bell stock is for warranty replacement only
The external Hard Drive feature on the 9242 & 9241 is for ARCHIVING ONLY, it is not used to record to.
Replacement 9200's are available in quite large numbers. They do not differentiate between the Hard Drives inside them, they would just ship you another one, period.