9200 Questions for those looking to buy or rent - Page 18 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #256 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-20, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryvge
I went to the Bell store today to buy a 9220 and was told the I cannot buy it. I must rent it.
Yep, looks like they have gone to a pure rental model...good thing they did that after I bought otherwise I would not be paying the $76 month programming to BEV. There is no way I would pay over $60 month to rent the hardware I have and I think BEV has made a big mistake going to a pure rental model...could not see paying $136 a month to watch the TV I have right now.

Alt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-20, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryvge
Sorry, I have just joined the forum and not sure I'm posting at the right place. I went to the Bell store today to buy a 9220 and was told the I cannot buy it. I must rent it. Call BEV and was told the same thing. Do you know if there is a place I can go to buy it?

Thanks
Well I wouldn't believe someone from a Bell store...I went to Metrotown (Burnaby) in a mall when I was still debating to switch to Bell in August and asked them some questions about it, then the next day I was in Surrey and went to the one in Guildford mall with another question, and she laughed when I told her I was gonna buy one and said good luck, you will not be able to find one anywhere in Canada. Funny, the store in Metrotown had one the day before, and I bought mine 2 days later from Future Shop in Van!

Futureshop still has it listed on there website @ http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...gon=&langid=EN

I bought mine from them in mid-August so I don't know how much luck you will have there now...good luck!
post #258 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-20, 10:23 PM

Well if you take a look at the Bell website you will see that all recievers are now listed as rental. If you goto http://www.kusat.com/go.php?path=/intro.php it advises that BEV has gone rental.

As to the futureshop website, I would venture that they just have not updated their site...when was the last time someone saw a 92x0 in futureshop anyways.

Alt
post #259 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-22, 07:03 AM

9200 impossible to buy

I am new to the group. I called Bell and was informed I can't purchase the 9200 because of high demand they are rental only. When asked when would they receive others, no one could give me a date. I am furious, because existing customers that have been loyal to them are being punished. This makes bad business sense. They didn't come right out and say that you can no longer purchase them but it seems rental only is where they are headed. I can't imagine why they would rather loose their base of loyal customers. Does anyone know if you can buy a USA Dish receiver942 (same as 9200) and hook up to Bell expressvu? I am going to US soon and would pick one up there. Thanks.
post #260 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-24, 08:09 AM

M9200-Found 1

I did some research in the Montreal area and found one- last one. I found ir at Bell World-Espace Bell, rushed out and bought it. I will go to install forum to get info on installation.
Thanks.
post #261 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-24, 09:53 PM

9220 and Dish network compatability

I am currently a BEV subscriber with two 3100's in Ontario.
I also am also a valid Dish Netwwork HD subscriber at our home in Arizona.
I want to be able to receive BEV and Dish signals in AZ preferably with a PVR.

1. Are BEV and Dish HD PVR's the same box?
2. If so, assuming two dishes were installed could I just change cards to go from one service to the other?

If my assumptions above are wrong, what would the best way to view both networks?
post #262 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-11-30, 11:50 PM

Does the 9220 have series recording?

I apologize if this has been covered but i searched the forums and couldnt find anything on it. I would just like to know that you have that option like the shaw 6412 that way you dont have to worry about being home and recording your shows all the time you just know it will record. by the sounds of what i have read bell only goes ahead 3 hours which doesnt leave a lot of freedom. can anyone clarify this for me?
post #263 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-01, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfeet
Where is a good place to pick up an HDMI wire? And what kind of price should one pay?
Bestbuy.ca and Futureshop.ca has an AR (aucostic research) 2M HDMI for $50, it's a reasonable price for a quality HDMI cable.

There are cheaper knock off versions that can be bought at stores like www.ncix.com that will suit the Bell 9220 fine although it may not be completely up to HDMI spec for future signals (like 1080p, etc.) but then again there is some confusion as to a lot of HDMI upgradibility issues (like HD-DTS, HD-DD, 1080p, etc.).

One thing is for sure, do NOT buy the $200 Monster HDMI cable unless you really feel the need to waste $150 of your hard earned money.

Last edited by JohnnyCanuck7; 2005-12-01 at 02:04 AM.
post #264 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-01, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazit
I am new to the group. I called Bell and was informed I can't purchase the 9200 because of high demand they are rental only. When asked when would they receive others, no one could give me a date. I am furious, because existing customers that have been loyal to them are being punished. This makes bad business sense. They didn't come right out and say that you can no longer purchase them but it seems rental only is where they are headed. I can't imagine why they would rather loose their base of loyal customers. Does anyone know if you can buy a USA Dish receiver942 (same as 9200) and hook up to Bell expressvu? I am going to US soon and would pick one up there. Thanks.
Sure Bell has more HD channels than Shaw, but their customer service is ATROCIOUS! Imagine the gall of them to tell existing (e.g. loyal) customers that sorry, we can't give you a 9220 receiver because we are saving them for new rental subscribers. WTF! (This message is coming from a dual Bell/Shaw subscriber but I won't be a Bell subscriber when my contract runs out).

It's a good thing Bell doesn't have a monopoly on TV services in B.C....
post #265 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-02, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidinator
I apologize if this has been covered but i searched the forums and couldnt find anything on it. I would just like to know that you have that option like the shaw 6412 that way you dont have to worry about being home and recording your shows all the time you just know it will record. by the sounds of what i have read bell only goes ahead 3 hours which doesnt leave a lot of freedom. can anyone clarify this for me?

Hey,
The guide shows 3 days of programming, the 3 hours is just your view of the guide page. You have the ability to record a show once, daily, weekly or Monday to Friday. So providing there are no time slot changes ... no problem.

peace -chb
post #266 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-06, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidinator
I would just like to know that you have that option like the shaw 6412 that way you dont have to worry about being home and recording your shows all the time you just know it will record. by the sounds of what i have read bell only goes ahead 3 hours which doesnt leave a lot of freedom. can anyone clarify this for me?
Not familar with the Shaw 6412, but I can tell you that you have the option to record a show once, weekly, or Monday to Friday. There may be another option but I don't use it.

So once you have your shows programmed into the unit you're good to go. Works great! I usually record most programs from the eastern feed and then watch them toward the middle of the evening in the west while cutting out the commericals.

Glenn
post #267 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-08, 05:45 PM
mdb

If anyone is looking for the 9200 in the Ottawa area, I picked one up at the Best Buy on Merivale Rd. yesterday. They had 3 or 4 more on display but the salesman told me they wouldn't last long.
post #268 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-12, 08:27 PM

is the 9100 PVR a hard drive or a CD-RW

???

Thanks
post #269 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-13, 04:35 PM

s21477 : The 9200 has a hard drive, it does not have a CD-RW. You can connect a DVD recorder (or VCR) to TV2 output and record material that way if you want to download material off your hard drive.

There's a number of threads in the forum on how to connect a DVD recorder(or VHS) to a 9200 and other similar set-top boxes if you do a search.

FortMacDude
FR : Hitachi 57F500, Pioneer VSX-1018AH, PS3, Bell 9200, Energy 5.1
LR: Samsung 40A530, Sony S550, Kenwood HTB 504, Xbox 360, Wii
post #270 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-12-14, 11:23 AM

9200 for Sale in GTA??

Does anyone know where I can get a 9200 system from in the GTA, for an existing customer. I've spent the better part of the last two weeks fighting with Bell to sell me one and none of the stores in the Oakville/Burlington area seem to have any in stock or on order.
Any help is much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.