9200 Questions for those looking to buy or rent - Page 12 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #166 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-12, 07:41 AM

avt1998,

Did you try calling Bells sales line and buy it from them ?

Crispy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-12, 10:16 AM
Q
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by struttgart
The question I have is this, will the 92xx display fine on my SD sony Wega? I assume that the SD channels will look fine and that I will not get a good PQ with the HD channels.

Yes it will all work if you use component and HD pq will be very good on your SD television.
post #168 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-12, 10:21 AM
Premium Supporter

I have the Bell 6100 HD receiver on an SD TV- a Sony projection. There is still a "night and day" improvement with the HD channels vs the SD ones. The Wega will look awesome with an HD feed.

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't."
post #169 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-12, 01:06 PM

I was in the WPG Regent FS AT 2:30 yesterday and they had two 9200s.
post #170 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-14, 03:54 PM

AVT1998, I live in Ottawa and all sold out here also (tried Best Buy, FS, Bell World, etc...). A guy in one of the Bell World stores told me he had 30 people on his waiting list and that they are currently getting about 1 9200 per week.
post #171 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-15, 02:51 PM

I was talking to Bell yesterday. The tech guy mentioned they had them instock just call and order one.
post #172 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-15, 08:09 PM

Ya, I tried that after I posted yesterday. I got the same info from the CSR (that they were now in stock). He said that the 9200 would be shipped to me today. Hopefully he wasn't wrong (God knows that couldn't happen)!
post #173 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-17, 04:47 PM

i was thinking of getting a dvi-dvi cable for my projector,does the 9220 come with a hdmi connector for the dvi-d cable?

if i choose to install the satellite myself,is it difficult to point the 2 lbn's to the correct birds?

Last edited by raymondeast; 2005-08-18 at 11:15 AM.
post #174 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-19, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondeast
i was thinking of getting a dvi-dvi cable for my projector,does the 9220 come with a hdmi connector for the dvi-d cable?
Yes, it comes with both an hdmi->dvi and a dvi->hdmi cable that can be used separately or connected together to make an hdmi->hdmi cable (the dvi's have opposite genders).

I plugged the cable into my LCD computer monitor's dvi-d and it worked like a charm. The 16:9 spilled over the side and I never tried different configs however it definitely works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondeast
if i choose to install the satellite myself,is it difficult to point the 2 lbn's to the correct birds?
If you are careful to make sure your mounting bracket and arm are perfectly level/vertical and set the elevation and skew carefully then you should have no trouble at all. I ran a TV cable along with my satellite cables so that I could bring a small TV outside to check signal strength. Check the "9200 Installation 101" thread for tips if you have trouble.
post #175 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-24, 02:18 PM

Should I buy a 9200???

I'm an existing BEV subscriber and I'm considering the purchase of a 9200.

I have an idea in my mind of how I would like to set up my system but I'm not sure if it is possible. I've read through this Forum and wasn't able to determine 100% if it can be hooked up in the manner that I would like and if it will perform the way I expect.

Could somebody with some expertise please read through my scenario and let me know if this is reasonable?

I'm going to run off a new dish so I have no dish connection concerns.

I want to use the receiver to run two TVs. The reciever will sit next to TV #1. This TV is currently SD but will be upgraded to HD in the next 6 months.

TV #2 is SD and is located in a different. My house is wired such that I can easily run a coaxial signal from the 9200 to this room (assuming the 9200 has coax output).

My hope is that with this set-up, I could watch different channels on each TV at the same time. I also want the ability to control the PVR and watch recorded shows from each TV.

I would really like to know if this receiver will allow me to do this before I spend $600. (I haven't found much expertise at a few different stores that I visited)

Thanks
post #176 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-24, 02:33 PM
Q
Veteran

If TV#1 has component inputs.........Yes.

If TV#2 is older you may need a VCR to be used before the TV to clean up the signal. My newer TV's are fine but my older (7-8years +) are pretty bad without a VCR.

As long as you put it into dual mode each TV can control the box. They will share the hard drive though.
post #177 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-24, 07:51 PM

Reiterating JD's advice about TV1 - it MUST be Component Video inputs minimum, (or DVI or HDMMI). RF, Composite, and S-video need not apply for the position of TV1.

For TV2, my 10-year old Sanyo in the other room works just fine via RF coaxial output (channel 21 to 69). You can also use composite for TV2.

You can watch two different satellite channels at once. Or use PIP. Or record one and watch another. Or record two and watch something(s) already recorded. The hard limit is that it has 'only' two satellite tuners.
post #178 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-24, 11:19 PM

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Now, to find a store that actually has one in stock...
post #179 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-25, 07:58 PM

When you first turn it on, it might be set to 480p (progressive scan) and the picture may be doubled/doubled if your TV isn't progressive scan. Hopefully it will be readable on your TV. Follow the menus (both of them) and set it to 480i.

I'm not sure if the receiver had to download an update before 480i was available. I was running blind for the earliest stages of the installation.
post #180 of 393 (permalink) Old 2005-08-28, 04:59 PM

9200 Connections

I apologize in advance if this question has been clarified in the body of this thread, but a search has not been helpful. I am moving to Bell for the first time and hope to recieve my 9200 this week. I have opted for professional installation.

I plan on delaying the purchase of a HDTV RPTV until this fall. In the meantime I plan on running component video to an X-1 for HD material and s-video to an older direct view TV (in the same room) for those programs where pictue quality is not an issue. Does this present any problems? How should I set up the 9200, single or dual tuner? I would like a single audio connection to my pre/pro.

Any comments much appreciated.

wp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.