Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

No more guide on 82?

15K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Allan B 
#1 ·
Due to reasons, I can only see 82. Hey, HD-only is OK, right? :smile But this morning, my box hadn't got the guide, and hasn't since. 82 used to have the old 3-day guide, after Bell put the 9-day guide up in 2007. I wonder if the guide format is changed to something my older firmware (V190) can't handle, or is Just Gone?

#2 ·
I have a 6131 and I am seeing a similar issue as you are I think. Anything older than 1 h is shown as "no info available" and I see both sat. I've remarked this for the past few days-weeks and wonder if many more people are seeing this issue. Issue is seen on all my receivers. I haven't seen the 9 day guide for a while if I remember correctly (I do have external HD on all my receiver).

Is there an issue with the guide? Anyone else seeing that?

#5 ·
I know it was a problem many years ago when several of my Commercial Customers only had 82 and were not getting software updates. I had to carry a temp Dish and feed 91 into the receivers to update the Software, then connect back to the original 82 only feed.

Bell put the Software back into the 82 data stream but now I wonder if they have also removed the Software from the 82 stream as well.... Hmmmmm

#6 ·
With my setup I have to switch manually between 91 and 82 which means a check switch everytime to get the guide info for either Sat.I usually just use 82. But I am now having the same problem as above. Guide on 82 only shows 1 hour, after that the guide shows "no info available" If I hit the ok button I get an error 318, then it appears to want to download new guide but it only lasts for a couple of seconds then disappears. I have been on the phone for over an hour with Bell with no success.

Any suggestions???

#8 ·
Hopefully my info will answer the question regarding where the Guide Info is coming from.

I'm using a regular Bell dish with a DPP Twin LNB and DPP44 switch. I just covered the 91 LNB with foil, did a Check Switch test.

Results are;

91 not found, 82 found, and only one hour of Guide Info available.

When I try to advance the guide, Error 318 shows up, stating Program Info is outdated. Retrieve info now from the satellite?

When I say yes, it immediately stops, and goes back to the Guide, and only shows one hour's worth.

It appears that the complete Guide Information is downloaded only from the 91 satellite.

So my advice everyone is this. If you want the complete 7 day Guide, make sure you get both 82 and 91 satellites.

#9 ·
Thanks for doing this test. I guess it proves that the guide info is now only on 91. My Bell system is on a boat and the dish is through KVH not Bell. KVH provides sat dishes for RV, Marine and Military. There is certain Bell boxes that work with a switch that will see bot sats but the dual tuner pvr that I have needs to manually switch between 91 and 82. Up until now it wasn't an issue as guide info was available on both 91 and 82. I may need to look at a new setup to get this working again.

#11 ·
Steve,

There is certain Bell boxes that work with a switch that will see bot sats
ALL Bell box's work with a switch that will see both Sats.

the dual tuner pvr that I have needs to manually switch between 91 and 82
Every Dual Tuner PVR, 5200, 9200, 9241, 9242, 9400 work with switch's and are never required to be switched manually.

Your installation sounds like it has a Legacy LNBF, on a Dish that is only aimed at one Sat, that is the problem, not the Bell Receivers.

Not sure exactly what the LNBF mount looks like but as 46 said above, you need a DPP Twin to get BOTH 82 & 91, then using the single existing line (Thats a guess, you might even have 2 lines I dont know), add a DPP Seperator behind the Dual Tuner PVR and away you go.

I did an installation on a boat on Lake Joseph, several years ago, it had a Legacy LNBF, and only 1 line. It was not easy but we managed to fit a DPP Twin, then instead of aiming at 82 or 91, we aimed in the middle, after skewing the mounting post. Signal levels were low but we got enough signal and he was very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.