Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

current HD (non-PVR) receiver, component output? HDCP over HDMI?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 ·
My 6131 just died, "smartcard is invalid..."

Bell is sending a tech with a new receiver tomorrow. It didn't occur to me to ask when I was on the phone with them, whether they would give me another 6131 or something different?

Now I'm a bit worried. I'm not sure, do they even have 6131's anymore? I can't tell from their site, searching around I see the 6400 seems newer.

BUT - it doesn't have component out. Only HDMI. While my Colossus card has an HDMI input and I'd love to use it instead of component, I'm worried that HDCP is going to stop me. With no component out, I may be screwed...

So - what's the current HD Non-PVR model that they sell? And if there's no Component, does the HDMI force HDCP detection?

g.

#3 ·
I have used an HDMI splitter, just a cheap one in the past to get round the HDCP, as somehow, the splitter removes it.

This was on a Customers setup where they were using a Hauppauge Colossus as well, can for the life in me remember what the STB was but it was from Bell TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.