Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell TV 9400 Discussion Thread

542K views 990 replies 168 participants last post by  noah12 
#1 ·
The last few days with every install of a 9241 I've had Bell in their infinite (lack of) wisdom has started labeling the job info as a 9400 install. I've never seen nor even heard of a 9400 till then.

Anyone?

#117 ·
Another useless dumbed down webpage from Bell.

" If you are an existing customer, you can install additional receivers that you have purchased yourself. We recommend that HD PVRs be installed professionally due to their complexity"

Geez......

#118 ·
Considering that the majority of existing customers are still set up with legacy equipment, that makes perfect sense. Of course anybody who has had an install/additional receiver in the last 8-12 months should have DPP equipment, but that's not always the case.

Not to mention that even if you do have DPP twin/quad on your dish and you go out and buy an HD PVR, you're still going to need a DPP separator, unless they've started including them with new receivers recently, which I doubt.

#120 ·
That may be one way of interpreting it but I've noticed that Bell Sat. products have been missing at FS stores and at their website for several months now. I'm wondering if FS is no longer going to be a Bell sat. outlet? Bell my have decided to make The Source, which they own, their main point of sale along with their company owned stores in Ontario and Quebec.

#121 ·
FS had the 6400 on sale a few weeks back for $99 and I wend to the store to purchase. They an out and the salesperson at FS said that the will no longer be selling Bell equipement. They had already taken down the Bell display. Went to Best Buy down the street, and they price matched and told me that as far as they were concerned, they were going to continue offering the Bell equipment. It was not on sale there at all. Being that BB and FS are owned by BB, I found it strange.

#122 ·
@zack: Why? Yes FS and BB are owned by the same people but they aren't the same in every respect. Check out any type of product at their websites. Brands at one site are often missing at the other. Their inventories have never been identical nor have their prices.

#124 ·
Well yeah, they have to maintain an illusion of competition. Every Best Buy store I've ever seen in my area is within walking distance from a Future Shop. Their hope is that the customer will go to both stores, have the illusion of having "shopped around" and will buy at either one.

#126 ·
So these Receivers are shipping now to National Installers, just had a call from one of my contacts, saying they have ONE in their Warehouse for Techs to look at.....lol

I will be visiting 2 or 3 locations tomorrow, so hope to have some images as soon as I get my hands on one.

#128 ·
We got NO stock from Bell this week and have been nickel and diming out what's already in the warehouse. Basically you have to get receivers every day and we are barely getting what we have orders for. Could be something to that.

#130 ·
Sounds about right. So now I get the privilege of having to justify myself for getting equipped for (for example) the five receiver new install or the move order I have tomorrow because people NEVER get new receivers while they're doing a move and the install is free.

You can't see it, Pinza but this is the face I do when I'm in complete shock and disbelief. :p

#131 ·
When I heard that news I too had to force myself to create a "Shocked Face" expression, as it is so rare an occurrence that anything goes wrong with Bell.......

Now if only they would ship the "Y" adapters and Dish Skew sections of the 20" Dish's that were ordered we might see people actually getting Installations......

#132 ·
Well nothing arrived in any Warehouse I visited today but I did get a Tech to snap this picture of a unit he saw.

He tells me that the HD storage time is 75 Hours of HD Recording, can't remember the SD amount but this sure sounds like a 1TB drive to me.

Hope I have better luck tomorrow.

#136 ·
When I added the picture to my Album, is said "Awaiting Moderation" I have never seen that before, so maybe that is why it is not visible.

EDIT; I just changed it from "private" to "public", see if that helps.

#138 ·
Sorry can't help you, I see it and it now says 'moderated" in the Picture Folder and it has "Report this Picture" in the actual Post.

Anyway, I still did not get to see one of these today but contacted someone and asked them to take a shot of the PVR screen showing amount of recording time available.

75 hours HD or 500 hours of SD, here is the image for everyone except jdevlin.....lol