Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell TV 9400 Discussion Thread

542K views 990 replies 168 participants last post by  noah12 
#1 ·
The last few days with every install of a 9241 I've had Bell in their infinite (lack of) wisdom has started labeling the job info as a 9400 install. I've never seen nor even heard of a 9400 till then.

Anyone?

#60 ·
Joe

Did you have to get with someone from Evolution support? Both times Ive dealt with the dart app I had to get one of them to get me a link.

Reid

Yes it is. It's a smartphone app we use to manage jobs and activate receivers.

#63 ·
@slacker. Do keep us informed. I remain sceptical simply because it would be unusual for Bell or any company to be installing equipment they are not even featuring in their advertising or at their website. Unless of course you're going to be a guinea pig and unpaid beta tester for Bell. In which case, have fun!

#64 ·
Bell CSRs are all knowing and never wrong as we all know. Like the one from India that tried to tell me it would take three days to cancel a job off my board and wanted to "advise" me about how to do my job.

#70 ·
9400 not yet available

Thought I would post my recent experience with Bell...I am having problems with my 9241 with audio dropouts and video studdering and called tech support. Requested a 9242 to replace the 9241 and he could not guarantee this but suggested I speak to Retentions. Spoke to retentions and they to would not guarantee a 9242 but suggested the brand new 9400. I accepted this offer with the assurance that a 9241 would not be delivered by the installer. I was guaranteed that this would not happen since I was ordering a 9400. This receiver was new to me, so I decided to come to this trusty source to get some info on the new receiver. After reading this thread, I was fairly certain that a 9241 would arrive at my door...sure enough the installer arrived with the 9241 this morning. I explained everything to the installer, and he has never seen the 9400. I felt bad for the installer, but refused it as I did not want to be stuck with another 9241.

I really do not understand why Bell does this. Why have the 9400 in the ordering system before they are actually available. Terrible way to treat your customers and your installers. Anyway, spoke to retentions again and had them enter a note on my account that I am entitled to a free 9400 when they become available. Got the measly $5 discount on my service for the inconvenience.

Sorry for the long post, but thought others may be curious about the status of the 9400.

#71 ·
Bell strike yet again.

You get $5 per month off your bill and a free 9400, that Tech got $0, for his wasted time today, along with the fact it cost him money to get there.

Oh how kind of Bell......

#73 ·
Not to mention the ding in your numbers from the pointless cancel. That can be a real drag this close to the end of the quarter when you're in contention for bonuses.

#75 ·
I felt really bad for the tech and apologized for his wasted trip, but I had made it clear to Bell that I would not accept a 9241. I was hoping that the tech would call when he is on his way over, which has happened before, so I could confirm if he had the 9400.

I have ordered a warrantee replacement for my 9241 that is not working properly and requested a 9242...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

#76 ·
Somebody can call you 800 times. Doesn't change the fact the guy is on piece work and no work = no money also doesn't make nonexistent receivers appear out of thin air. Nobodys fault but some moron at Bell (surprise surprise) but it is what it is

#85 ·
A 9400 is like the Easter Bunny Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy. I'm not gonna believe it till I see it and even then I'm sure to have my doubts and gripes about it.