Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell 6400 HD Receiver.

Tags
6400 bell
326K views 477 replies 113 participants last post by  jdevlin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#106 ·
You are having a Tech because this is a Rent To Own Receiver, you do not own it for another 39 months. This has always been the case for Rental Receivers as well.

Be aware that there is normally a charge of $75 for this service.

Depending on your location, a subscription to Dish Care for $7 per month, would cover replacement of ALL receivers on your account, if they become defective.

The symptoms you describe for the 6131, are not that common but do occur on most receiver models from time to time. Most are a smart card problem, resetting to Factory Default, clearing NVRAM, then being re-hit can fix them, very few actually have to be replaced. A defective or failing LNBF, switch or moisture in the line can also cause loss of transponders.

If you have multiple receivers, try the 6131 at another location, see if it still gives problems there.

#114 ·
I was surprised to see this one had an external smart card, I wonder why that would be as I thought Bell was going all internal with their new receivers?
That was what I said in Post #9 of this thread way back in February.

#121 ·
Went to Future Shop to pick up a 6400 and they were sold out. Asked for a rain check and they said that they cannot give one as it is a clearance item. They will no longer be selling Bell TV anymore.

Drove down the street to Best Buy and even though the FS was out of stock in my city, the next one over had it in stock so they did a price match for me at the Best Buy store and took an additional $10 off the price so I bought it for $89.99. The guy at Best Buy said they he is not aware if they will be discontinuing Bell as well since they are the same comapny as FS, but as far as he was concerned, they will continue to sell the receivers.

I was just happy to get the 6400 so cheap. Too bad I bought their last one otherwise I would have picked up a second as I now only have one TV left with an SD reciever. For those still trying to get one, give best buy or another retailer a try and see if they will price match.

#122 ·
Hard drive

I've just settled a long standing dispute with Bell and have agreed to accept a 6400 model receiver. I'm told that it will act well as a PVR providing an external hard drive is attached. I'm wondering what the consensus is Re: whether the hard drive is an effective PVR and secondly what is the best type of hard drive or best specs to order on a hard drive to complement this unit? Thanks in advance.

#124 ·
Thanks for the direction. Still learning the ropes. By the way, was in at Best Buy in Burlington today and they had 2 6400's on the shelf for $199 but with their price match plus, they would sell them for $89 plus HST, I confirmed. (hopefully that info is ok in this thread). Future Shop was sold out and said they are waiting on the new models.

#127 ·
No video on HDMI

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issues with a Bell 6400 that I am. When I connect the 6400 to the home theater receiver I do not get any video. I do get video if I connect the 6400 direct to the TV.
TV=LG 47LV4400
Receiver=Anthem MRX300
Bell 6400.
I have spent the last 4 days talking with Anthem and they have gone through all the wiring and configuration items. There is nothing wrong with them however I can relay the result to those who need it. So what I am really after is am I the only one or are there others out there who are fighting this battle?

#132 ·
Although no longer a BTV sub this issue with be it which ever receiver and whether FS & Best Buy will stop selling BTV receivers or not remains to be seen, there is at least two establishments you know you'll still be able to get BTV receivers from.

1) Bell Stores
2) The Source(since its owned by Bell)

Now whether other stores decide to sell BTV receivers or not remains too be seen, but you know you'll be able to get some type of Bell receivers via those two establishments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.