Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell 6400 HD Receiver.

Tags
6400 bell
326K views 477 replies 113 participants last post by  jdevlin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#30 ·
Well first 6400 I have in my hands will not download the firmware from Bell.....lol

Maybe it is not in the Datastream yet.....

Very surprised to see that they all ship with Smart Cards.

#33 ·
look and feel, build quality
Looks like a smaller version of the 6131/6141. Feels cheap but not as cheap as a 4100.

Build Quality, well it does NOT work, so that gets a thumbs down. Maybe I picked the only bad one from the 10 skids.......lol

#36 ·
#42 ·
I have yet to have one download the firmware.....lol

Can you try one of your squeeky and see if you batch work.? I tried Legacy via an SW21 and a DPP Twin, with no joy. Also tried on a stacked system, still nothing.

#49 ·
No disrespect intended scrooloose (but don't you think that was one of my first thoughts.?) I asked them almost 2 weeks ago and they told me that it is in the Datastream. I have seen 2 of these receivers working at a Bell location, so it should be there somewhere.

Years ago when the 6000 was launched, it would never download if fed from an SW21 or SW44, it had to be 91 only. I have tried just about every combination I can find and still no joy.

#51 ·
6400 First Images

System Info Screen

All Channels Option in the Guide.

All HD Option in the Guide.

All Sub Option in the Guide.

This reminds me of the days when the only channel visible on a non-active Bell receiver was Playboy preview.....lol NOTE, no other channels are in this section so the Customer cannot see any programming at all before activation.

#52 ·

Trying to select a free channel results in this error message.

New Feature for Accessibilty.

Appears to be a toggle On/Off feature. Does this mean the end to all the DV Channels.?

Successful Check Switch with a DPP Twin LNBF.

#54 ·
Well I have now had the chance to play with this new model for 24 hours and I have to admit I like it.

The look and feel of the new Guide is very nice and clean. Remote response is very good, yes it is only IR but it works well with an LCD TV that gave issues with the backlight settings.

I was not too happy about the loss of an optical output just the HDMI but I think this will just prompt me to swap out my Home Theater Amp.......

Otherwise I would say that overall it is not a bad reciever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.