Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

uses for old model 2700a and 3100 receivers

36K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Hi,

I haven`t been a Bell customer for years.

During a recent move I found these two old receivers MPEG 2 with the cards in the basement.

I hate throwing stuff out so can someone tell me if there is a practical use for these things nowadays.

Thanks in advance,

John

#13 ·
each card has a different design on it. if it says dish network on the card its way too old and if it is blue with a yellow arrow it is a nagra 2 card which was the last card they used. the current cards (the ones i have) have a black bar on one end and a blue bar on the other and white in the middle of the card that has bell expressvu in black letters. those are from my experice. they may be a little different now with the new bell tv logo on it

#16 ·
Yep you are correct JoeLouie, the only Smart Cards in that range that still work ar ethe S0459**** ones, then the main ones are S06*****.

Anything else, are too old.

Don't forget, you cannot take a new card and put it into another receiver it just will not waork.

#20 ·
You could try selling it $10-$15.It probably won't even be an easy sell.Also if it has not been removed off your Bell account,you will need to call Bell to have them remove it.It will probably require some time on your part.So unless you are willing to put time into it,its probably easier throwing it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.