Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

9242 green light flashing no picture fan runs loud

18K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
9242 green light flashing, no picture on 1 or 2, fan runs loud

This seems to be a common problem has anyone solved it yet?

#2 ·
if its a rental or warranted call ma bell

the only advice i can offer is process of elimination to find the problem.
Start with simple things to fix it then work your way up. I would try the following in this order

make sure the unit is cool to touch if the case is warm place it in a well ventilated area propped up 2-4 inches to allow air circulation. Don't really understand why the air vents are under the unit. The legs are so short which doesn't allow enough air flow.

1) soft reboot (hold the power button for 8sec)
2) hard reboot (unplug the unit for 5 mins)
3) open the case and vacuum any dust
4) open the case and unplug the hard drive

If someone solves it please post it so others can learn.

#3 ·
is there a solution to this yet? I am having a similar issue on the 9200. Will try the above suggestions but was curious if there were any updates. Did you have to replace the receiver or were you successful in getting it running again?

Thanks for the help and advice

#5 ·
The same problem on two PVRs sounds very odd. I would disconnect the satellite feeds and see if it goes away. In any event, do not unplug for a couple of hours in case it is doing some kind of diagnostics or updating firmware.

#6 ·
i bought 2 new 9242 off kiji both did same thing fan running fast green light flashing got one working played with remote for hours finally power light kicked on got picture update downloaded second one no luck tried unplugging hard-drive reboot numerous times no luck guess will send to bell apparantly they charge 150.00 to look at it

#8 ·
have you sent the second one to bell yet? I was curious if there was any pic or sound on tv2??

Are you using the same rca satelite..etc connections for both receivers?
I would try removing the working receiver and place the non working one there.

either way very interesting....please update the thread if you fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.