Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

3100 problems

Tags
44K views 66 replies 24 participants last post by  cyclist44 
#1 ·
hi all members my 3100 receivers are slow to change channel sometimes and will not go to next channel have to power off have reset by pulling card and pulling plug any suggestions

#54 ·
The 3100 was working at home took up to cottage for the first time and it doesn't work at cottage. We had a 4100 that works at cottage and at home. After I couldn't get 3100 working I connected the 4100 again and it worked fine. Pinza, I can't get the 3100 past the initial looking for satellite screen to even get to checkswitch. I am not sure what to do next as the fact that I could get the 4100 to work afterwards eliminates issues with the dish and cabling..

#55 ·
I have had a 3100 die recently, for no logical reason.

I opened a Factory Refurbished one last Monday, downloaded software, activated it and verified that it worked just fine. 2 hours later the Customer called to say it was searching for Signal. I expected to find the Dish out of alignment, there were Roofers working very close by but no, it was the 3100.

They have been such a bullet proof receiver over the years I would almost always check everything before thinking the receiver was at fault. I guess I might check 3100's first from here on....

Oh, the irony was the defective one was working fine when I checked it before shipping back to Bell. But leaving it switched on, the signal failed after about 1 hour. At that point I just shipped it out.

#56 ·
Just got home from cottage, going to see if 3100 works still at home. I have to figure this out because we want to return the 4100 which is a rental but not if I can't get one working at cottage.

Does anyone know if Bell is ok with you using a receiver at the cottage - will they support it - if yes I will call them next time we try at the cottage.

#57 ·
Bells Cottage thing is dreadful.

You have to call before you head for the Cottage, de-activate all receivers at home, tell them which is going to the cottage, that stays active.

Then coming home you call when you get home to tell them you are home, they will then (within 2 hours) activate your home ones again.

#66 ·
cyclist44, my guess is the 3100's require a software update.

Do a Check Switch test, then let the receivers reboot.

Once they are up and running, go into the Menu and make sure the receivers are Enabled to accept software updates. I don't have a 3100 anymore, and cannot remember exactly how to get to that menu.

Now turn each receiver off. If there is a new software version available for the receiver, you will see a warning window pop up in about 60 seconds, stating that new software is being downloaded.

Once the download is completed, the information will be written to the receiver's memory, and then the receiver will shut down and reset.

Once this is done, you may need to call Bell to "hit" the receivers again, and everything should work fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.