Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell TV Remote Control Issues and Questions

133K views 146 replies 53 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Every few weeks when I turn on the 9200, I get the standard System Info screen and I can't get to live TV. If I try to select "Done", it generates the following error message:

"You are attempting to set the remote address of the TV 1 remote to 1, which is the same address as the TV 2 remote. They MUST be different. Please change the address of your TV 1 remote and try again."

The only way I can get off this screen and begin watching TV is by doing a soft reset of the PVR.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem without doing a reset? I assume this is happening because both remotes are controlling TV 1.

Thanks!

#136 ·
Thanks - but it didn't work. :(

I can only put in one zero then nothing after.......I'll try it again but I think I will get the same result.

Now I also need to see if I can get the remote to work on the Bose Solo......failing that - I may need to get a either a Bose remote or other universal to see if I can consolidate Bell, Panasonic TV and the Bose Solo onto one remote.

#138 ·
9242 pvr remote problem

All was well last week-end then both my remotes are showing address1
i can change the address on remote 1 but remote 2 will not change address
i tried to and the buttons are lighting up and all, the only way remote 2 is working is on address1 if i change and i can it just does not work anymore so i have to change it back to 1, the thing is now i cannot watch 2 different shows on 2 tv's anymore, remote 1 controls tv1 upstairs with the stb, and remote 2 is for the tv downstairs.

any help is appreciated

#139 ·
With the 9242 showing on your #1 TV, press the System Info Button on the receiver (behind door on Right).

Using Remote #2;

Press and hold the SAT button on the Remote until ALL lights flash, let go.
Now press 07, then the "#" key.
The SAT button should flash 3 times, to signify a correct code.
Now press the RECORD button, you should see the Remote Address on-screen change to 07.

That should be it.

#142 ·
"Pinza ----- Does the Remote Address actually change, on screen? "

The remote address does not change on the screen but it must change somehow because the buttons do not respond anymore when i change it, so i blindly change it back to 1 and it works again. No big deal since all is working again.
Thanks a lot for your help Pinza.

#144 ·
I have A 9242 with the green tab and blue tab factory remotes. I was given a silver tab UHF pro 8.0 remote. Since I have a 2nd tv in my bedroom on the other side of the wall of the 9242 receiver ( connected through sub out on my onkyo receiver ) can I turn this 8.0 remote control to work through the wall like the 2nd tv output remote can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.