Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell TV Remote Control Issues and Questions

133K views 146 replies 53 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Every few weeks when I turn on the 9200, I get the standard System Info screen and I can't get to live TV. If I try to select "Done", it generates the following error message:

"You are attempting to set the remote address of the TV 1 remote to 1, which is the same address as the TV 2 remote. They MUST be different. Please change the address of your TV 1 remote and try again."

The only way I can get off this screen and begin watching TV is by doing a soft reset of the PVR.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem without doing a reset? I assume this is happening because both remotes are controlling TV 1.

Thanks!

#82 ·
dishnet remote with BELL 5800

I ordered a remote from ebay that CLAIMS it works with dishnet and Bell.

It does not.

Does anyone kow how to change a remote from dishnet to bell? is that even possible?

I have a bell 5800 pvr and the original remote is dead, and want to know which ones are compitble, or if not, where to get a legit BELL remote for the 5800

#84 ·
Try syncing programming the remote address. Do that by pressing the Sysinfo button on the receiver and then pressing Record on the remote. The on screen remote address should change to that of the remote, probably 1.

Also, try programming the AUX button. Enter 3 followed by the two digit code, such as 301, to program it for a Bell receiver.

Programming BellTV Remotes

#87 ·
de-programming remotes / erasing

I was messing around with the AUX button, trying to get a dvd player to work

Now when I want to adjust the TV volume, the AUX button lights up, yet it doesnt actually control anything.

Is there a way to de-program a certain button, else completely wipe out the remote programming, and start over

ps - pvr 9000 is the model

#88 ·
There is no Bell 9000 Model.

Just press the SAT button briefly, or the TV button, then the Remote will be using that setup.

To kill a Remote I can only suggest, remove Batteries and press the keys for a while to use any residual charge that it holds.

#89 ·
9241 remote issue

I'm having a problem with my 2-week old 9241 PVR UHF remote. There is one place in the room where the remote's operation is very intermittent and that's almost dead center to the PVR and 10' in front of it. I can press a button 5-6x sometimes with no response from the PVR. If I move a few feet it works ok all the time. If I leave the room and take the remote with me it still works. But why not almost directly in front of the unit? We have swapped the new batteries with even newer batteries with no change.

#94 ·
Cannot Turn on TV2 with Remote on 9200

UHF remote

System Info shows both TV1 and TV2 remotes sharing Remote Address 1

Batteries are fine, red SAT button comes on, etc. :)

Was able to get TV2 lit up before, upon purchasing it second-hand, however since suspect my young kids have played with it, causing it to lose it's mojo

Anyone who could please help to provide the sequence of button presses, etc or whatever else is required would be appreciated

PS - Reciever was originally was set as Enabled for Shared View, I disabled Shared View as I was only using receiver with one TV until now. Have enabled Shared View once again, even rebooted the receiver.

#95 ·
1. On the front panel, press the mode button to put the receiver into dual mode.
2. On the front panel, press the info button. The system info screen should appear. Press the record button on the remote. That synchronizes the remote and receiver addresses.

#97 ·
9242 UHF remote

I've had the 9242 UHF remote for about 5 years and I'm in my 3rd house. First house the 9242 was in the basement and I was able to control the 2nd TV from 2 floors away, 2nd house it was 1 floor away and the performance was so so. 3rd house it's 1 floor away and on the other side of the house and can't control the 2nd TV at all.
I've tried changing batteries, extending the ant on the back, nothing made it better. I've even walked up to 5' away from the 9242 and it still wouldn't really work.

Any ideas on what I can try to get this working?

#99 ·
I tried it again tonight with the TV 1 turned off and it worked fine. Turned on TV 1, 2nd remote wouldn't do anything, turned it off again for good measure and it worked again.
My main TV is a 50" Plasma LG, it seems to be the problem but it's the same TV I used in my last house. TV 2 is a 42" Aquos LCD.
I'm going to do some re-reading through this thread to see if there's certain settings I can change to get it working again.

The UHF remote is eating batteries like there's no tomorrow, so I keep the batteries out until I want to use the remote.

#102 ·
Just to let people know about an issue I had.

I have a Samsung DVD Player that was underneath my 9200 on the same shelf.

When the DVD player was being used the UHF remote would no longer work unless it was within 10 feet of the PVR. If the DVD player was not in use the remote worked anywhere in the house. I moved the DVD player to beside the 9200 and the Remote works anywhere even when the DVD player is in use.

So something in the DVD player was affecting the 9200 UHF reception!:confused:

#103 ·
The PRO remotes that come with the 9200 / 9242 etc are backwards compatible with 5100/5800/5900 UHF, I know on my Pro Remote, when you pull out the batteries, the end cap comes off any you need to flip it over to make it compatible with older UHF remotes. (This little tab says UHF on one side / UHF PRO on the other side).

#104 ·
I've done the following and the UHF remote still wont control TV 2(LCD) if TV1(plasma) is on
- turned off all the cfl lights in the house
- unplugged f all components (except for the TV1,TV2 and the 9242
- changed batteries in UHF remote
- changed both TV's AV mode to user and not default.
- added extra RG6 to the UHF remote
- blocked the IR sensor on the TV1 with a box
- turned off OPC on TV2
- changed back lighting on TV2

I'm waiting for a new UHF remote...

Any other ideas anyone can think of???

#105 ·
OK peano, I'm going to need your help with this. (Switching these to the more appropriate "remote control" thread):

http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1354446&postcount=733
http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1354497&postcount=734

So the IR-to-UHF Pro kit works fine but I can't for the life of me get a secondary remote working. Tried with an 8.0 and a 6.2 with no luck. Tried just about every key combination (I have a full key kit) including using the silver and black keys from the 10.1 remote from the conversion kit with the 6.2 remote and no dice. Even tried flipping the 6.2 A-B switch. And yes I did remember to try both options on the back of the converter. The other remotes will work in IR of course, but not UHF Pro.

Peano, any suggestions? Any specific combinations that you know work with it?

Thanks.

#107 ·
So the IR-to-UHF Pro kit works fine but I can't for the life of me get a secondary remote working. Tried with an 8.0 and a 6.2 with no luck. Tried just about every key combination (I have a full key kit) including using the silver and black keys from the 10.1 remote from the conversion kit with the 6.2 remote and no dice. Even tried flipping the 6.2 A-B switch. And yes I did remember to try both options on the back of the converter. The other remotes will work in IR of course, but not UHF Pro.

Thanks.
I happen to be in the same boat wanting to control 2 receivers on different
addresses with the IR-to-UHF Pro Kit.

Never thought of trying the keys from the 10.1 remote in other UHF remotes.
But since you tried it there is no need.

I found this http://www.dishtvblog.com/dish-tips-and-help/dish-networks-ir-to-uhf-pro-remote-control-upgrade-kit/

It looks as though the 10.1 is a different frequency than other Dish UHF
remotes in order to not cause interference.

I have found a site that sells the 10.1 for $29.95 but with shipping and
all the extra it my add up to buying another complete kit.

The last thing for me to try is the UHF remote from a 3220.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.