Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell TV 9241 HD PVR discussion thread

1M views 3K replies 596 participants last post by  dshag 
#1 ·
This discussion thread is for owners to discuss the new ExpressVu 9241 HD Receiver when it becomes available.

Any posts discussing when it will be available or from NON-owners will be deleted and the poster will receive an infraction.

Once again, this thread is for OWNERS only.

For non-owners who would like to learn more and discuss the new ExpressVu 6131 or 9241 receivers you can discuss it here.

#150 ·
Switch to IR mode?

Hello all,

Would anyone know how I can switch my receiver/remote to IR mode? I just purchased a Harmony 550 and it is not able to control my PVR (9241)

I've tried switching the little tab at the bottom of the expressvu remote (black side is labelled UHF and silver side is UHF Pro) with no luck.

When it's black side up, I think the remote is in IR mode because putting my hand in front of it stops the channels from changing etc but I think my receiver is somehow stuck in UHF mode

many thanks

#151 ·
Never mind :) I figured it out.

1. On the 9241, open the panel on the right and press system info
2. Wait till you see the system info on the TV
3. Press and hold down the SAT button on the ExpressVU remote until all lights are on
4. Release the SAT button
5. Press 1 followed by hash (#)
6. Press record on the expressvu remote
7. Press select

Now my Harmony 500 works perfectly :)

#152 ·
SW-21 issues

Hello

I am experiencing an issue with my 9241 and SW-21 switches where the switch is picked up correctly but doesn't find the second input. Let me explain.

when I go to menu, 6-1-3and check switch, I see:

-both satellite inputs
-Switch: none

Input 1 picks up Satellite 91 with Transponder OK
Input 2 picks up Satellite 82 with Transponder OK

I have switched the SW-21's around but no luck. Even tried a friends SW-21 and got the same.

Everytime I do a 'Test', it tells me theres a problem and won't let me select 'Done'. I have to reset my receiver so I can return to watching TV.

The length of co-ax from the switch to my receiver is around 80 feet and from the satellite to switch it's 3 feet.

I'm not sure if the length is the problem but 80 feet should be OK?

#153 ·
9241 hard drive has been running 24/7

My first post went awry. Last week I purchased a 9241. The hard drive has been running 24/7 since. The Bell reps don't seem to be alarmed about this. I don't think it is normal since the unit can be programmed to power down after 4 hours. Am I the only one experiencing this?

#154 ·
auto freeze problem

It seems changing the auto-update schedule to sometime that the pvr is not recording stopped the problem of 9241 frozen when i woke-up in the morning (can someone try to shedule a recording at the hour of their auto-update to see if their receiver also freeze?)

but now i have another freeze and restart problem, when i go over the weather channel (or meteomedia) the screen come black (the receiver trying to download the regional info to display) but for the second time i change channel (since i find it too long) and the receiver then freeze and reboot.

like i said it happened 2 times, my receiver seems to have problem with receiving downloaded info, i am wondering if it is defective or if it is a receiver or bell related problem.

#157 ·
This question has been asked and answered many times, but hard disks are designed to run continuously. You would put more stress on the drive stopping and starting it. There are thousands of Servers out there with disks spinning 24x7x365.

-Mike

#159 ·
If they are new to any programming from the second sat, 82 degrees, then the installation will be free, including all the required switch's etc.

If they are buying from a store then the chances are it will be a standalone receiver. They are still entitled to a free installation, provided they do not hook it up and activate it first.

They will also need an HDMI cable, if that is the method they are planning to use for a connection to the TV.

#165 ·
Hi all, only had mine for 2 days but noticed 2 issues so far.
1.) While watching a recording from the beginning while it's still recording, when I catch up to live tv, it freezes.
2.) When skipping forward, I lose audio for a split second.

are these normal.....
I have the freezing problem and the sound issue.

I am ready to make my 9200 my primary receiver and put the 9241 in the basement.

#172 ·
How to delete the record history ?

Got my 9241 about a month ago (my first PVR) and really enjoying watching my shows when I want to watch them. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to delete the history of shows I have recorded. it also includes record of some recordings that I cancelled when I was learning about it. anyone have a tip for me ? Thanks !

#173 ·
Got my 9241 about a month ago (my first PVR) and really enjoying watching my shows when I want to watch them. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to delete the history of shows I have recorded. it also includes record of some recordings that I cancelled when I was learning about it. anyone have a tip for me ? Thanks !
As new events occur, the existing ones will be removed. This has been covered a few times in other threads. Not sure why anyone cares about the "history" anyway, mainly since it doesn't impact the operation in any way and you have to go looking for it i.e. it's not like it appears by default blocking the screen or anthing. There is no way to "clear" this manually. I use it about 2-3 times a year just to see why something didn't record.

#177 ·
9241 Error 311 - Reference 521 Pause/ Record Live TV

I have a 9241 hooked up to a DPP LNB, one line feeds my 6100 and the other line is fed into a DPP Separator to feed my 9241. All of the equipment is new. Since I connected all of the above I am intermittently getting an error when I turn on the 9241 which reads "An issue has been detected which may affect your ability to pause or record live tv. Unplugging the power cord of your receiver for one minute and then re-plugging may resolve the issue.
Error 311 - Reference 521"

After unplugging the error does not re-appear for several days, my recording/ timers are not affected/ corrupted. It's just getting to be a pain in the butt......

Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot/ resolve this issue? Is it the DPP equipment, software, hardware, will plugging the receiver directly into an electrical outlet rather than my home theatre power conditioner help? I am also feeding the satellite coax cable through the power conditioner then out to the DPP Seprator and the two lines into the 9241.

Thanks in advance!

#178 ·
9241 Error 311 - Reference 521 Pause/ Record Live TV

I have a 9241 hooked up to a DPP LNB, one line feeds my 6100 and the other line is fed into a DPP Separator to feed my 9241. All of the equipment is new. Since I connected all of the above I am intermittently getting an error when I turn on the 9241 which reads "An issue has been detected which may affect your ability to pause or record live tv. Unplugging the power cord of your receiver for one minute and then re-plugging may resolve the issue.
Error 311 - Reference 521"

After unplugging the error does not re-appear for several days, my recording/ timers are not affected/ corrupted. It's just getting to be a pain in the butt......

Does anyone have any idea what I should do to resolve this issue? Is it the DPP equipment, software, hardware, will plugging the receiver directly into an electrical outlet rather than my power conditioner help?

Thanks in advance!