Bell TV 6131 Discussion thread - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-19, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Bell TV 6131 Discussion thread

This discussion thread is for owners to discuss the new ExpressVu 6131 HD Receiver when it becomes available.

Any posts discussing when it will be available or from NON-owners will be deleted and the poster will receive an infraction.

Once again, this thread is for OWNERS only.

For non-owners who would like to learn more and discuss the new ExpressVu 6131 or 9241 receivers you can discuss it here.

Edit by 57 - 6131 User Manual:

http://support.bell.ca/_web/guides/t...ng%28en%29.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-21, 03:12 PM

I just bought a 6131 which I will receive and activate on January 31st, so I will be able to contribute in a short while.

I have a question though, does any one have information on what EHD's can be connected to the 6131 ? Any size, brand, model, RPM requirements ?
post #3 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-21, 03:32 PM

Picked up my 6131 last friday. Didnt want to go around hunting for a 6141.

As for EHD, i believe there is a thread about info of EHD you can use.

To sum it up,

1TB and smaller.
Sata/IDE and any speed is fine, 3.5" ONLY.
Any name brand HD is good to go.
Any enclosure as long as it has a power adaptor.

EDIT:

Well...the 6131 experienced the green pixelation problem just like the 6141. Great....
Just happened tonight (6days of ownership)

post #4 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-22, 02:33 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by daymz View Post
I have a question though, does any one have information on what EHD's can be connected to the 6131 ? Any size, brand, model, RPM requirements ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdawg View Post
As for EHD, i believe there is a thread about info of EHD you can use.
There was a thread on this, started by hugh called Bell TV External Hard Drive Facts but it's gone.
post #5 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-22, 09:42 AM
Rookie

6131 Audio issue

I replaced my older Bell 6000 yesterday with the brand new 6131 HD receiver.

I am not using the HDMI output until I upgrade my sound processing unit to a compatible HDMI switching unit. I am currently running component video and digital optical output for sound.

I have a audio "pop" that occurs that sounds like a discharge of sorts when I switch stations on the receiver from regular stereo broadcasting to a high definition station in the 800's that supplied Dolby digital. The pop occurs when I go from the non -dolby to the HD dolby digital. Sometime the pop is low and other times it is much louder and clicks twice.

I called bell and at first they said this was NORMAL when I complained and said this was not satisfactory they eventually after 5 calls offered me an exchange. I am not sure I want to be doing their testing for them again as I experienced a similar problem in a different room with my 9242.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Al
post #6 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-23, 04:11 PM

Just got the 6131 for $199. Never had HD before so I had a free install to upgrade my dish. So far I am absolutely loving HD!

No problems with the receiver as of yet. I do have some audo lag but it seems to go away as I'm watching.

I do have an EHD hooked up through USB as well - a 500GB SATA Western Digital - tried recording some HD stuff as well as SD stuff and it works great.
post #7 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-24, 10:24 AM
Rookie

6131 "Green Pixelation" issue

I've had my Bell HD 6131 less than one week. We were watching a HD channel last night and all of the sudden the entire screen filled with a "green pixelation." The only way to resolve the issue was to do a power reset.

I called Bell and they informed me that this was a reported issue that they are working on and hope to have a fix within the next week. Apparently several people have reported this issue and the only way temporary to resolve it is to do a power reset by holding in the power button or unplugging the unit.

I have also moderate to loud pops as reported in a previous post when switching between regular stereo broadcasts and dolby digital.

I am throughly disappointed with this piece of equipment. My earlier 6000 from Bell gave us years of satisfaction. It may be from the tech support that this issue is only related to the non PVR units but frankly I don't trust them anymore.

I hope this gets fixed swiftly and that others do not experience this interruption.

Al B
post #8 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-24, 12:29 PM
Rookie

The "Green Screen" issue is well documented throughout this forum and a new piece of software should be rolled out within a week.

How did you "fix" the popping on your 9242.?
post #9 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-24, 06:56 PM
Rookie

6131 issues

I was unable to fix the audio pop. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I am not using the HDMI cable. I run separate audio feeds and component video....

I am surprised on the "green Issue" that this new receiver has this serious issue.

I am not confident that there will be software soon. I've been told this before from Bell and it has taken a long time....

Anyone have an update on when this new software is coming?

Al B
post #10 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-24, 10:08 PM

I spoke too soon. Just got the green pixelation issue while watching TLC HD.

Hope this firmware update comes out soon.
post #11 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-25, 12:22 AM
Rookie

6131 "Green Pixelation" issue

Lexcyn,

sorry to hear the "green" issue hit your unit but I am happy that you reported it here. I think the more people that report the issue the more Bell will realize they need to act quickly.

Al B
post #12 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-25, 04:24 PM
tjl

Not recognizing HDD

Just activated my 6131. It gave a message saying PVR functionality is installed. I plugged in a 320 GB HDD, powered, 7200 RPM. It didn't recognize it. No option to format it. It says to go to bell.ca/pvrmax, but I can't see anything there that helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tyler
post #13 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-25, 05:04 PM
Veteran

Smile

Reset your receiver and try again , but make sure that your receiver is on before turning hard drive on.
post #14 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-25, 09:29 PM
tjl

Rebooted, turned on the hard drive after it was complete, and still no luck. Same message about going to bell.ca/pvrmax.

The interesting thing is that when I decided to turn off the power to the hard drive and give up for the night, a message popped up saying that I unplugged the drive and it would need to reboot the PVR. So I guess it is recognizing that it's plugged in, but it's not allowing me to do anything with it.
post #15 of 1566 (permalink) Old 2009-01-25, 11:43 PM

Go to the BTV website and resynchronize your receivers. Once you do this, all should be good. I don't know why, but you need to do this to get them to work sometimes.

Tags
6131 , 6141 , extenders , pause , pvr , record , remote , signal , wireless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.