Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Captive works Cw600s

14K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Voodoocobra 
#1 ·
Hi. This is my first post and I hope I'm in the right area. I have acquired a Captive Works Cw600s FTA receiver for free. Will I be able to use it or is it too out of date? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Pat

#6 ·
Regardless of the software version that's currently installed on your receiver, you should be able to receive C or Ku band FTA channels with it. We recommend doing a factory reset for the first time before scanning channels to start off with a fresh state.

As mentioned already, this receiver will only support standard definition channels in DVB-S format. It is an OK receiver to get familiar in installing a fixed dish. Once you want to upgrade to a motorized dish however, we recommend getting a better receiver that supports HD and DVB-S2 such as an AzBox or Openbox.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

#5 ·
No piracy discussions

This is as good a time as ever to remind all members that discussions on how to pirate commercial television services is not allowed as per forum rules.
No piracy discussions - discussion of how to pirate satellite or cable signals or discussion of how to engage in illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. Encouraging others to engage in piracy or posting links to sites that engage in such activity or promote such activity is also prohibited.
See all of our rules here:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=21521

#7 ·
I'm sorry. I was not trying to get information about pirate satellite signals. All I want to know is how I can reset the receiver to factory defalt. I assume that some sort of software would be involved. I bought a 33" Ariza dish last weekend so I want to get the receiver back to it's oridginal state.

Thanks Pat

#8 ·
I believe you, pjwa. Some moderators assume the worst without cause, it seems.
I'm not familiar with the CW600S other than seeing a lot of them on kijiji by people trying to sell them. I'm glad you didn't pay for it. As long as it will run without rebooting or failing due to its current software, why not just try it with what is in there now? There is usually a factory default command in the menu system of most receivers. Even before you do that, why not try out the receiver with your new dish just to see what you can get? Certainly if buying a new receiver, I would make sure it supports DVB-S2, but most of the signals you will receive are still going to be DVB-S on Ku band.

Reactions: Gentleman
#10 ·
I've done some searching without much luck. I used to be quite perficient with this receiver many years ago but lost use for it due to changes. I came across them today and am deciding whether to scrap them or not. Wondering if anyone can offer some advice that would make them useful again!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.