Xbox 360 Defective and Replacement Process... - Page 16 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #226 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 01:46 PM
Veteran

I don't believe you get a tracking number when they ship the coffin... just a case number. I know I didn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 01:51 PM
Veteran

I know this doesn't apply so much now, but they sure don't have any delay in charging your credit card. I called on June 15 and the warrantee extension was announced a couple of weeks later - well before they shipped a new one to me. I was hoping that they might not charge my credit card until the 'new' one shipped and therefore I wouldn't get charged under the new policy, but there it was on the statement: June 15. Funny how some parts of the process they have no trouble expediting.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that they should ship the new one first and have you send back the old one in the box the new one came in? They could take your credit card number to ensure that you actually do send in the old one. I mean, they aren't even pretending anymore that they might fix your machine and send it back to you...everybody gets a replacement.
post #228 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 02:31 PM

Well... the tracking number they gave me now informs me that my coffin is now "in transit".

I shudder to think how long it'll take for them to fix the dang thing and get it back to me.

- Bacon aficionado -
post #229 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-07-31, 02:48 PM
Veteran

They don't fix... you'll get a refurb (or new if you're lucky).

It should take 3-5 days for the coffin to get to you.
post #230 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 11:08 AM

Once you send your console back, is there any notification (tracking number) sent to you? Or, does your replacement console just show up on your doorstep at some point? I know mine got delivered back to them a few days ago, but am wondering what the next step in the process will be. At least with a tracking number, you get some idea that something is happening.
post #231 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 11:46 AM
Veteran

Nighthawk,

You should receive and email with tracking number when they ship a unit back. Normally it happens the same day they receive the broken unit from you.

I found the tracking number to be pretty useless for the most part. I had it in my hands before the tracking site said it was in Calgary.
post #232 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-01, 12:46 PM
Veteran

Mine just showed up about a month later. No email, no nothing.
post #233 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-08, 06:19 PM

From looking at the tracking number, my console arrived in the Toronto area on Monday of last week. I haven't heard anything since so I phoned the support line this morning. I did it through the "recorded message" options by providing my phone number. The report came back that my console was received and being repaired. Great about the received part but the repair part scares me. I thought they would just send a new or refurbished one out when my old one was taken in. The frustrating part of this is not knowing any definitive timelines. I've read all sorts of posts where turnaround was within a couple of weeks to months---why the discrepancy?
post #234 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-09, 01:24 PM

well.. the replacement process has taken a long time...

took 2 weeks to get my coffin... and its been another two weeks since I have sent my dead-box out... still nothing!
been more than a month overall for this whole thing to go down...

Is Vancouver just a black hole for sending/receiving stuff?

will keep you posted on when I get it back.... I tell ya though, it's been sad with out it around... even my wife misses it!
post #235 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-09, 02:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynner View Post
Is Vancouver just a black hole for sending/receiving stuff?
You want Blackhole? I give you Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Cal
post #236 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-11, 03:28 AM

An update on my situation. Received a phone call tonight at ~7:00 pm west coast time informing me that the console has been shipped. An email also appeared with a tracking number informing me that I should receive it in 3-5 days. It again mentioned repaired, so I will be curious to see whether I get my same console back again. At least something is happening.
post #237 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-12, 10:48 PM

So today My 360 has started acting up it froze on me in the middle of a hockey game, so I restarted and it did it again 5 mins later. I cant even start the 360 up without it freezing at the main logo. I have an extended warranty through Best Buy does anyone know if they will do a straight exchange or am I going to be jumping through friggin hoops. Guess I wont be playing Madden on Tuesday!
post #238 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-13, 11:01 PM

Finally called in to get a "coffin"--after a painless 20 minute call I was told that because the repair centers are so busy it might take 2 months!!!!

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a console with the HDMI port back!
post #239 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-14, 01:54 AM
Veteran

Are they repairing them now in Canada rather that just providing a replacement?
post #240 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-08-14, 05:20 AM

Not sure...there was a, shall we say, linguistic barrier between myself and "Chris"...but 2 months is what she said.

Tags
lemon , pos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.