Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

*77 Block private calls *87 unblock private calls coming soon to Shaw digital phone.

73K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  shawguy 
#1 ·
*77 Block private calls *87 unblock private calls coming soon to Shaw digital phone.

Some new customers already have this service but don't know how to use it yet as it hasn't been officially publicized.

For now only, if you just signed up Shaw phone in last week or so, you could do the following.

*77 to block private calls
*87 to unblock private calls.

Hopefully the service will launch as scheduled on April 15 for existing customers but you could always anticipate delays.

#2 ·
Good News. Thanks. I called Shaw on Call Blocking a week or so ago, and they said its kinda available now, but they don't want to officially launch it till April 18 here in WInnipeg, so they told me to wait, unless I really needed it, so I didn't push farther.

So are we only going to have the option to block private name calls, or can we block certain numbers also?

Thanks
Shawguy

#3 ·
Call screen

on other sites from Shaw employess it says that two features are coming this month . the first one is call screen activated by dialing *60 you can block any number and one where you can block private calls simply by dailing *77 and you can deactive it by dialing *87. so when you dial *77 it blocks all private callers. thanks

#4 ·
Date I was now given was by April 25 all customers will be able to access the following new features (some may be able to access them now, she said to check every day by just trying those * numbers listed below);

1. Annonomous Call Reject: Push *77 to block all incoming Private Name and Blocked Number calls. They will get a recording telling them there call cannot be completed because...etc etc. The person calling you will have to dial *82 to unblock there number to be able to call you. To de-activate call reject, you will dial *87.

2. Selective Call Blocking: Push *60 and follow the voice prompts to be able to block selected numbers from calling your house. To unblock them, you would go through *60 also and follow the prompts.

Both these features will be free on Shaw Digital Phone from what I am told. I do not know at this time, if they will be charging lite phone customers more or not.

Shawguy

#6 ·
Well i got the *77 and *87 working but not *60 yet. So i called shaw about the *60 that should work on our line, and they sent our file to the esclation department, so hope they fix that issue soon, cause some telemarketers have been calling us alot.
Our phone line was installed mid-april

#8 ·
ya we wanted to get rid of telus as fast as possible, so we ordered on the day it started here, took em a few weeks and now we have only one bill, and the phone service is cheaper, and a heck of a lot better service than telus. I couln't imagine trying to get *60 to work with telus (would suck the most if i could not even understand the people cause they outsource) But with Shaw, they were friendly and really did the best they can.

#10 ·
New Digital Phone customers have the *77 and *60 features but I am told they are not working well, as in...not all the time. Therefore the release of these features has been delayed for existing customers till rumoured the end of May. I guess they are doing the same thing with this feature that they are doing with All Digital for people who don't have an all digital DCT on their account already.

Also I heard the web portal where we can change our phone features...will be available in as little as two weeks if all goes well.

Shawguy

#15 ·
Well *77 has worked since the day I posted that.

They are now saying *60 has been delayed till fall. Also the online portal has been delayed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.