Get Him To The Greek - DVD/Blu-ray - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Smile Get Him To The Greek - DVD/Blu-ray

Get Him To The Greek, Judd Apatow's follow up to the super funny movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall is coming out on DVD and Blu-ray on September 28th. I missed seeing this in theatres and am super excited to grab a copy of this, as I am a big Apatow fan. There are supposedly alot of awesome extra features like bonus scenes, concert footage, karaoke, pocket blu and digital editions depending on what version you buy. Anyone else excited to pick this up at the end of the month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 09:13 AM

You do know that Judd Apatow only PRODUCED those two movies right? He didn't write or direct them. I wouldn't classify either of them as Apatow movies. Steven Spielberg produced Transformers, but I wouldn't call it a Spielberg film.

Sharp LC-52D64U, Yamaha HTR-6160, XBOX 360 w/ HD DVD, PS3, Wii
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

I know... still good movies...

Which is why I am posting this that I found on another forum and I thought it was cool...

Nick Stoller, The Writer/Director of the new film Get Him to the Greek, is holding special live WebChat event for all fans to participate in. For your chance to go 1 on 1 with the Hollywood filmmaker, log on to www.cineplex.com/gethimtothegreek on Thursday, September 23rd at 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-29, 11:11 AM

Oh, had no idea this came out on blu ray yesterday. This movie was the funniest I'd seen in years. I gotta get the version with the karaoke feature cos the songs were hilarious, yet really catchy, and I love to sing. Heading to the store later today for this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-29, 11:35 AM

This was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I can't believe I sat through the whole thing.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-29, 02:45 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veee View Post
This was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. I can't believe I sat through the whole thing.
Thanks for your opinion.

Here's a review of the Blu-ray disc:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3810/getgreek.html

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-30, 10:10 AM

Just got the Blu Ray last night and it rocks! Apatow PRODUCED movies always have the best special features like the line-o-ramas! I haven't tried the karaoke songs yet, but that feature looks cool. It's definitely worth picking up the Get Him To The Greek double disc version. The single disc version doesn't have nearly the same amount of special features.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-09-30, 12:45 PM

Don't forget to buy your copies of African Child, out right about the same time as well

This movie was crass, prefer "the other guys" better so far this year
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-10-01, 10:37 AM

Well I have not seen The Other Guys yet. If it's as good as you say it is, I just may check it out, but I doubt any other movies out this year will top Greek for me.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-10-01, 02:45 PM

One of my favorite scenes. It's been making me think twice about sneezing lately. hehe!
HTML Code:
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xetckd_get-him-to-the-greek-the-sneeze-sce_shortfilms"> HERE!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 2010-10-03, 11:25 AM

My wife and watched this last night...we didn't really have high expectations going in but we both really enjoyed it and laughed quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.