Movies that makes you want your time to be refunded - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-19, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Talking Movies that makes you want your time to be refunded

I just watched "Frozen" (my daughter asked me to)... and man, to quote "Ed the Sock", "That Movie Suck!"

Bad acting, bad plot, unfathomable ridiculousness, bad ending.

At least with every episode of "That Movie Suck!" there is Liana K and Ed the Sock.

Sometimes I wonder how a movie like this can be financed and/or be distributed at all.

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-19, 08:36 PM
DHC Supporter

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder how a movie like this can be financed and/or be distributed at all.
My wife and I were recently wondering the very same thing about The Human Centipede.

(Clarification: We haven't seen it and we don't intend to see it. The trailer was more than enough. The only thing more disturbing than the fact that this movie even exists is that, apparently, a sequel is already in the works.)
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-19, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

eljay, now that I've watched the trailer... I want my time be refunded!!!

"medically accurate!".... LOL!

Another movie that makes me want to shoot myself is "Ramona and Beezus". Forget about the movie itself, but what I'm about to type is a reflection on how bad the movie is:

So I received freepasses from Cineplex HQ, my daughter and I went and watched it. After an excruciating 30 minutes, I left the theatre (my daughter still watches the movie), went to my car and picked up my laptop, went back to the theatre, try to watch the movie again (hoping that it gets better), it's still VERY bad, surf the net in the theatre, finished surfing, movie still playing. I got so ticked off by the movie I walked out of the theatre and continue browsing outside the door of the theatre.

Movie ended, my daughter went out, I asked her about the movie, she told me that it sucks so very badly but she doesn't want to "waste" a free ticket (no DNA test required, she's my daughter for sure!).

STILL I want my time refunded !!

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 05:16 PM

I watched "Date Night" and was appalled at the lack of anything resembling a script. I enjoyed the scenes between Carell and Fey..but the rest was an exercise in cheap theatrics. There was maybe 18 minutes worth watching in the whole thing. What a waste.

The best/funniest thing in the whole movie were the end credits clips of Tina Fey improvising (I assume) what the bored girl on her third date at the next table was saying to her suitor in an effort to end the date. That's where her comic genius really came out and makes one wish they had made a movie centered on her and Carell's improvising talents. Much better than the generic thing they created.

Kingston-Pace RNG200N,Paradigm Studio 60 v3, Paradigm CC 590 v5, Anthem MRX 700, Panny VT-55, Oppo BDP-83, Oppo BDP 105
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 05:32 PM

Another recent movie experience that failed utterly for me

Robin Hood.

Plodding, boring. This is the kind of pompous moviemaking that inspired so many Monty Python sketches. I was literally laughing my butt off when the team of children rode out on their ponies with Marion in the lead. I rented the classic Errol Flynn version right after to rediscover movie magic.

I really like both the director and star of Robin Hood..Tony Scott and Russel Crowe. Crowe in particular was great, IMO, with his work in Gladiator and Master and Commander and other pics with an epic sweep or theme. But this thing just refused to engage me.

As AO Scott said in his review in the NY times: "There is a whole lot of meanwhile in this crowded, lumbering film."

Meanwhile..back at the ranch...I stopped watching this movie.

Kingston-Pace RNG200N,Paradigm Studio 60 v3, Paradigm CC 590 v5, Anthem MRX 700, Panny VT-55, Oppo BDP-83, Oppo BDP 105
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I love Robin Hood (the story), the Russel Crowe version bored me to tears. In the middle of the movie I walked out, went home and watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 05:55 PM
Veteran

"Bridge to Terabithia"

Totally different movie than what the trailer gives you. Misleading trailer and a boring movie.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 08:31 AM

Terminator Salvation. What a load of crock.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 10:55 AM

Operation Endgame.
Had a bunch of great actors I really like (Rob Corddry, Ellen Barkin, Jeffrey Tambor, Zach Galifianakis, Bob Odenkirk), but was just so terrible.
Can I have my 87 minutes back please?
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 02:42 PM
Veteran

Hot Tub Time Machine

I felt myself getting dumber with each scene, or each time the bald guy opened his mouth. I looked around me at the other viewers laughing and felt society as a whole getting dumber too if they found the jokes funny.

And this coming from someone who lists Dumb & Dumber as one of his favourite films

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 04:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
picked up my laptop, ... surf the net in the theatre,
That's pretty rude. I doubt any of the other patrons appreciated the searchlight from your laptop in the theatre!
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 06:49 PM

Pulp Fiction and The Clerks. Worst movies I ever watched. Would rather watch grass grow.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 07:49 PM

Pulp fiction was fantastic!

Worst movie I saw recently was inglorious basterds

Followed closely by the Hurt locker
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster View Post
Pulp Fiction and The Clerks. Worst movies I ever watched. Would rather watch grass grow.
Wow, you live a charmed life if they're even in your bottom 100. Or else you don't watch much at all... I've watched movies in the last couple weeks that aren't even as good as the plain text credits for those two.

BDP-83|DV-980H|PS3|CD1|TT-15S1|AVR-3808|4B/9B-SST2|Mag. 1.6|Par. 20/40/CC-690|ACI Titan II LE|Pio 151|Tosh LCD|DB4 (OTA)
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 2010-09-22, 05:10 AM
Veteran

To each their own on that one. I didn't like Clerks either (didn't get why it was hyped so much. Then again why should anyone listen to me? After all I fell asleep watching LOTR: Return of the King. :P

As for a movie that was so bad I wanted my time back, that "honor" goes to The Happening. Yeah I should have known, given how bad Shamaylan's movies were getting, but against my better judgement I watched it anyways. Horrible movie with a horrible ending. No wonder I never went to watch The Last Airbender!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.