Warner announces six Blu-ray 3D Releases for November 16th - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-17, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Warner announces six Blu-ray 3D Releases for November 16th

Warner Bros. today announced it will release six Blu-ray 3D titles, the most released by any studio this year in mid-November.

3D Movies set to be released on November 16th include: "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore 3D," "Clash of the Titans 3D," "The Polar Express 3D," "IMAX Deep Sea 3D," "IMAX Under the Sea 3D" and "IMAX Space Station 3D."

Cats & Dogs will be the industry's first day-and-date 3D release in the theatrical new release window.

In addition, "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" 3D and "Clash of the Titans" 3D will be released as Blu-ray 3D Combo Packs, which will include both the 3D and 2D versions on Blu-ray, a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film.

"The Polar Express" 3D and the three IMAX films will include both the 3D version and 2D version. Previously released in anaglyph 3D, the Blu-ray 3D release of "The Polar Express" has been upgraded to stereoscopic Full 3D, which delivers full high-definition 1080p resolution to each eye. All Warner Bros. Blu-ray 3D titles will be released in stereoscopic Full HD 3D.

To play back the movies in 3D, consumers will require 3D capable equipment including a Blu-ray 3D Player (a PS3 firmware upgrade for 3D movie watching is scheduled for October) and fully capable 3D display with compatible 3D glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-18, 03:44 PM
Veteran

Actually, the PS3 update will come in only three days, giving 30 000 000 people globally a 3D Blu-Ray player!

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...tember_21/5442

I debate objective data, not subjective my favourite ___ is better than yours rants which usually flame out quickly.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-18, 06:46 PM

The most expensive part of the 3d experience is the TV and I doubt many of those 30mm units are attached to one.

I had a chance to watch some ESPN 3d College football. Impressive but it was hard to watch with those damn glasses.

Should be interesting to see if this is a fad or not.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-19, 08:30 PM
Veteran

with such "great" releases, I'm sure 3D will be here to stay! :P

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-19, 09:42 PM

^ Whenever I see a 3D movie BD advertised, I mentally substitute "36D" for "3D". The titles always seem way better to me. Try it. Or perhaps you're mature?

BDP-83|DV-980H|PS3|CD1|TT-15S1|AVR-3808|4B/9B-SST2|Mag. 1.6|Par. 20/40/CC-690|ACI Titan II LE|Pio 151|Tosh LCD|DB4 (OTA)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-19, 10:01 PM
Veteran

hee hee hee! The title got better... the movie still sucks.

Come to think of it. They should make a 3(6)D movie starring Pamela Anderson, Sofia Vergara, Chandra West, Liana Kerzner. It will be an eye-popping experience!

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 01:19 AM

^ You kinda like the Liana huh? I noticed the current Ed thread. Never have seen any of Night Party etc. shows. But I know who Steve and Liana are and enjoyed them when they filled in on a radio station fairly often a couple years ago. Liana is clearly the brains and surprisingly (to me) the geek of the two. Also the titular boss LOL.

BDP-83|DV-980H|PS3|CD1|TT-15S1|AVR-3808|4B/9B-SST2|Mag. 1.6|Par. 20/40/CC-690|ACI Titan II LE|Pio 151|Tosh LCD|DB4 (OTA)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-20, 07:44 AM
Veteran

Big time! Last week we accidentally watched an episode with Wild Women of Wongo being featured and she started building her own hut, it's hilarious! And she did all that non-chalantly. It reminds me of Agro Cartoon Connection when I was living in Australia.

Back to topic: I don't understand why Warner is releasing a creepy-motion movie (Polar Express)n converted 3-D movie (Cats and Dogs) and a whole bunch of IMAX movie at 40 mins each and priced at CDN$50 each. It seems like the studios don't want 3D to be successful.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-21, 11:44 AM
Veteran

FW 3.50 is now available.

I debate objective data, not subjective my favourite ___ is better than yours rants which usually flame out quickly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.