Lord of the Rings on Blu Ray - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-04, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Lord of the Rings on Blu Ray

I went to amazon.ca and they have two Lord of the Rings: The Trilogy on Blu ray for sale. One says it has 6 disc and costs $73.88 and the other one doesn't mention the 6 discs, it costs $39.99 and will be available for sale on September 14.
I am guessing it has all three movies and none of the extra discs. Has anyone heard about this ? It's a great price for all 3 movies on blu ray, and I don't care about the extras anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-04, 01:41 PM

In the six disc version I have 3 of the discs aren't even extras, they're digital copies.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-04, 01:50 PM
Veteran

Don't know what that could be...perhaps a bare-bones, theatrical versions-only release with no extras? Whatever it is, looks like Canada only, as I couldn't find it listed on A.com

Panasonic TH-42PE7U plasma, Toshiba HD-D3, PS3, Shaw DCX3400, Yamaha HTR-6160, Polk 6.1, Belkin PF30, Harmony 700
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-04, 05:34 PM
Veteran

As far as I know the current BD release is only the theatrical version -- not the special-extended (a.k.a. ass-numbing) version. This new (less-costly) one must be without the digital copy discs.

I don't think the extended edition (the one that came on 4 discs per movie on DVD -- two for the movie, two for the extras) has been announced for blu ray yet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-07, 09:05 PM
Rookie

Last I heard, the release of the extended BD version was to be timed to coincide with the arrival of The Hobbit in theatres. Now that TH is delayed (years . . . ?) maybe they'll revise that strategy.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-12, 01:22 AM

Delayed again? Wow! I saving my money for extended versions.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-12, 09:31 AM
Veteran

The extended edition will be a looong time in coming. I bought the current theatrical release version when they were first released to tied me over, even though I feel the EE is superior. Of course, having got them for $19 due to a pricing error didn't hurt.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-16, 12:36 PM

Lord of the Rings The Motion Picture Trilogy blu-ray available at Walmart for CDN $39.83
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-23, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Well I order the Lord of the Rings blu ray and just got it today. It had the movies, the digital copies and the extras. Maybe they made a mistake and shipped me the wrong product. It had a total of 9 discs in the set.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.