2010 Vancouver Olympic Commemorative Blu-Ray and DVD now Available at HMV - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-01, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

2010 Vancouver Olympic Commemorative Blu-Ray and DVD now Available at HMV

The 2010 Vancouver Olympic Commemorative Blu-Ray and DVD box sets are now available exclusively at HMV stores across Canada, beginning on August 31st, 2010.

These exclusive sets are only available at HMV Canada stores and online at ((hmv.ca))

Previously these box sets were only available from the CTV/Olympic
on-line store for pre-order in February.

The prices are as follows, but subject to change at any time!

Olympic Winter Games Box-Set (Includes Opening & Closing Ceremonies + other features and events)
**5 Disc Box Set**
Blu $79.99
DVD $59.99

Olympic Winter Games - "Hockey Gold" Box Set (All Hockey Games. Including Men's and Woman's Finals plus other games)
**5 Disc Box Set**
Blu $69.99
DVD $49.99

Special Notes: There are no CTV logos on the video content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-03, 06:58 PM

Did you get the hockey one already? How is it compared to the first box set?

I ordered my from ctv.ca direct, I guess you save on shipping at HMV.

http://store.ctvolympics.ca/Publishi...og/DVDHG_l.png
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-04, 09:44 PM

I HATE these box sets, and I'll tell you exactly why.I ordered the DVD set from CTV, expecting the Opening and Closing Ceremonies in full-length, especially considering that the website explicitly said they were in "full feature length" (I took a screen-shot for evidence). When I finally got my set in the mail, I was aghast to find that they condensed 3-hour(each) Opening and Closing ceremonies down to just 107 minutes and 29 MINUTES. It's disgusting taht they did that, robbing us of what we deserve. I actually own the DVD set for the 2004 Athens Olympics from the Greek broadcaster EPT, and it has both ceremonies in full, and with options of commentary or not, and other things. Compare that, and this CTV set with practically no features is a rip-off.

I HATE YOU CTV!!!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-14, 09:01 AM
Veteran

Did the Blu ray include KD Lang's HALLELUJAH?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-09-14, 09:00 PM

Considering that both my daughters were in that big group of kids dancing on the field at the start of the Closing Ceremonies, and the box set cuts that part of the show out almost completely, yes, I too am very disappointed.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-10-17, 02:51 AM

It wasn't until tonight that I finally opened up and took a look at the ceremonies featured on the discs.

What a disappointment.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-10-17, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

dm_4u: Yes, the performance from k.d. Lang is there. Also, I didn't notice until after I initially posted this thread that the "host nations parade" is "sped up" and the opening title theme at the beginning of the opening ceremony (orchestra playing) starts a bit late. I haven't watched the other discs yet. There is too much content.:

Fry1989: What did they cut from the opening ceremony? I think the host nations parade and the Wayne Gretzky driving to the flame? These portions are there, but either shortened or sped up. Is that all that was cut? Can't remember what else.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-10-17, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawViewer View Post
Fry1989: What did they cut from the opening ceremony? I think the host nations parade and the Wayne Gretzky driving to the flame? These portions are there, but either shortened or sped up. Is that all that was cut? Can't remember what else.
To be honest, I don't really know, I haven't looked at it since the night I got it when I found out how much they cut. But as I said, they condensed 3-hour(each) Opening and Closing ceremonies down to just 107 minutes and 29 MINUTES. That's outright disgusting.

CTV, go fux yourself
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2010-10-19, 03:33 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawViewer View Post
dm_4u: Yes, the performance from k.d. Lang is there. Also, I didn't notice until after I initially posted this thread that the "host nations parade" is "sped up" and the opening title theme at the beginning of the opening ceremony (orchestra playing) starts a bit late. I haven't watched the other discs yet. There is too much content.:

I can live without seeing the great one get rained on...that was particularly embarassing anyway.

I haven't had time to watch it...but it did arrive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.