Predators - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-07-21, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Predators

It's not really that much of a compliment to call Predators the second best "Predator" movie. But it is.

If you've seen a trailer or commercial it is no secret that a group (featuring Adrien Brody, Topher Grace and a bunch of nobodies) of seemingly random people find themselves in a strange planet in a "hunting preserve" run by a group of Predators.

Hunters become the hunted... yada yada yada.

Brody seems to understand that a Predator movie requires a certain amount of... fromage... and plays along. Predators definitely captures some of the spirit of the original Predator, but doesn't fully live up to it. If you're a fan, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Long live the console war! Buy 'em all! Just don't give Sony any of your Personal info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-07-21, 11:06 AM
Veteran

We enjoyed this movie a lot - but it will never be fully appreciated given Arnold's original. Not that the original was much better (if at all), but Arnold's presence can't be denied as part of the impact of the first movie.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-07-21, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

True. I liked
Brody's "homage" to Arnold in his final battle with the last Predator. I have to admit that I was hoping that they rescued the Predator outcast earlier in the movie and it had joined up with them to fight the other three

Long live the console war! Buy 'em all! Just don't give Sony any of your Personal info!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.